Calculating Score (based on deaths)

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
I'm working on a game where your final score is based on the amount of deaths accumulated over the course of the game. What would be the best way to calculate the score without it being too punishing? I don't want it to ever go below 0.

I tried using this formula:

1 / (Amount of Deaths + 1) * 10000

It ended up returning too steep consequences for the deaths. Help, please?

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
To solve this I would need more information on how your scoring system works. What is the maximum score? How do you gain points? How many points are gained? Waiting on your reply..

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
To solve this I would need more information on how your scoring system works. What is the maximum score? How do you gain points? How many points are gained? Waiting on your reply..

The maximum score should be (1/(0+1)*1000) Wich will be 1000, right? Imo this system is wierd cuz if you have died 1 time (second best possible) you get 500, wich is obviously half of the maximum score.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Well it all depends on if you have other factors, like kills and other ways of INCREASING your score. If thats the case, you would want more than just 1 equation.

You could have several equations, for example, each hero starts at 0 score:

Kills: +50 points
Assist: +25 points
Deaths: -50 points
etc.
etc.

So whenever a hero kills or dies, you recalculate his score with a simple integer variable, and then at the end of the game, tally it all up. If you don't want it to go below 0, then just have a If/Then/Else that checks if it is below 0, and if it is, set it to 0.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.