Calldown Ability Help

Kyuft

Reaction score
Hey TH,
I want to make a calldown ability like nuke, but I want it to be a different model and actor that falls. Would it be better to make it from scratch or to duplicate?

-Kyuft:shades:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I personally would make it from scratch, but I tend to make everything from scratch except for when I make new units. You could duplicate it and just change the missile that falls which would be fairly simple to do.

Dave312

Reaction score
The Use Calldown effect just tells the game that "ammo" is required to use the ability. In the case of the Nuclear Strike ability, it is responsible for using a nuke stored at the Ghost Academy when a nuclear strike is called. How exactly do you want the Calldown effect tied into your ability? Are you going to have to build an ammo unit at a building or something? Or when you say "Calldown Ability" do you mean something that falls down from the sky?

Kyuft

Reaction score
When I say calldown, I mean something falls from the sky, lets say a ball of goo, or a magical orb.

Dave312

Reaction score
Well typically the models that fall from the sky have a built in animation which does this for them. However what you could do is create your missile at the target location and give it a buff or persistent effect which reduces the height of the object every second or so using a Modify Unit effect. Then create a final effect which causes it to blow up or whatever.

Kyuft

Reaction score
O, you made it sound so easy. I've tried for hours alone. Then Siretu sent me a test map to compare with. Mine is almost a carbon copy! However, mine still doesn't work.This is so frustrating. I can't get the falling unit to show up, and when it does, it doesn't fall.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: I've gotten everything working, except I can't get the unit (falling object) to disappear when it hits the ground. I have tried a damage effect whith flag: Kill, and I tried every option in the Target: Target Location field to no avail.

Dave312

Reaction score
Are you using a persistent effect to time the kill command? If so, you might want to increase the Effect: Period Count + property.

Also out of curiosity, did you use a Launch Missile effect or a Create Unit effect to create the missile? I have spent the last couple of hours working on this and have come across a few things that don't work when I thought they should. Anyway I have mine working now and it works as it should.

Kyuft

Reaction score
Everything is timed correctly, and I used a Create Unit effect. The only problem is in the Damage Effect. No matter what I pick under Target: Target Location, it kills the wrong unit. It never kills the falling unit.

FIXED

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.