Can any type of trigger cause Battle.net to disconnect users?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
So, i have the most annoying problem i've faced thus far with the editor/TFT. I made a short turn-based strategy project, but when i tested it with a friend, he was disconnected twice when i was hosting. We then switched, he was hosting, and now i was disconnected. We played another map i've made for 3 hours afterwards to test there's nothing wrong with our connections, and it worked fine. This leads me to believe the problem is in the map.

I have no idea what could be the cause of this kind of a problem, i've had memory errors and crashes testing solo or in battle.net, but never have i seen or heard that a map-based problem would disconnect users. Is there any kind of trigger malfunction that could cause this to happen, like loops or anything like that? I'm researching into this at the moment, but please let me know if you have any knowledge of this type of problem.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In a desync you usually wont get disconnected from battle-net, just from the current game. But you will keep playing the game in singleplayer.

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've never seen any case that would disconnect you from battle.net itself. Are you sure it is the case? Does it really quit to main screen? What exactly happens?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Right, dumb me, i wasn't thinking clearly when i wrote "disconnects from battle.net". It just disconnects from the current game. I looked up desync and a few forums said it might be a problem in the triggers, but most of them were JASS. I'm having a hard time thinking up of any triggers that might cause this in GUI.

Edit: The game suddenly freezes for a second or so, and then a "You were disconnected" message appears. I'm going to start going through the triggers but it would certainly help to have an idea of what i'm looking for.

Ps. And the host can still continue gaming on when this happens.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Ok, that's strange. I use neither one in my map, but i reset my alliance/force settings and disabled 2 triggers that have integer loops and create floating texts in a selection event, and after testing for about an hour there was no desync anymore. Further testing will reveal whether it was just a lucky hour or if the problem is gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.