Cancel ID and Spellbook questions

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Two questions:
1. Does cancel have an ID, or whatever it is called, and if so, what is it? For example Move's is Amov.

2. How would you force a unit to open a spellbook that is a Hero Ability?

Any help is appreciated.

Squishy

Reaction score
Thanks, it worked. :D

So does anyone know the answer to question 1?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I don't think it does. I don't even think stop has an ID. What do you need it for exactly? Is there any reason why you couldn't just order the unit to 'stop' in your trigger?

Squishy

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the cancel ability from a unit. I tried removing move from a unit and that worked, but I needed to use move's ID. So I thought if I could get Cancel's ID, I could remove cancel.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
yeah well things with ability id's can actually be found in the ability editor. If you press ctrl+d then it will bring up the abilcodes for every ability, and if you ctrl+f and search through to find cancel or stop, you won't. You will however find move and attack in the standard game abilities. This just leads me to think that things like cancel and stop aren't ability based, just coded to cut off whatever ability is currently being performed.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Event:
- Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
Conditions:
Actions:
- Custom script: call BJDebugMsg( I2S( GetIssuedOrderId() ) )

Will tell you the ID of cancel if you use it.
However, removing it? You don't even know if it is there or not...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Cancel doesn't even register when doing that test.

What did you try to cancel?

> It is basically, nothing...

It's an order... just like everything else a unit is told to do.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Not sure what's the ID but:
Code:
Game - Force Player 1 (Red) to press Escape/Cancel

You can order the unit to cancel. But this will also trigger the 'A unit skip a cinematic event'. So make sure you don't have that event in your map.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Did you try that one?

You refering to me? I've tried it to cancel a Spellbook (meaning to exit the spellbook). It worked. Not sure about others though.

Squishy

Reaction score
I'm not trying to force a unit to cancel though. I'm trying to remove the cancel ability from a unit. But it seems like it may not be possible.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I'm not trying to force a unit to cancel though. I'm trying to remove the cancel ability from a unit. But it seems like it may not be possible.
Why would you need to remove the cancel ability from a unit, anyway?

Squishy

Reaction score
Well, I'm attempting to make a unit open a spellbook, then make it impossible to close it, at the same time removing the cancel ability, leaving 12 free slots. I didn't think that it would be possible to do, I just wanted to try it.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
> Cancel doesn't even register when doing that test.

What did you try to cancel?

An attack. Or movement or something.

And I'm guessing that Squishy wants to make a spellbook where you can only cast spells and not move or anything. Just a guess. :p

Squishy

Reaction score
Naw, I still want them to be able to move, I thought I could just hide the movement icons by opening a spellbook.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
If you don't want the unit to be able to move after he opens the spellbook, you can just set its movement speed to 0 :thup: (This will remove the Move command.) Also, you can remove its attack, or replace the unit with a unit without an attack. (This will remove the Attack and Patrol Commands.) :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.