Cannot figure this out...

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
For some weird reason, the runes are always created at the center of the map. Always. I have "Fixed Random Seed' unchecked and I've also tested through the game directly.

Code:
Runes
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait (Random real number between 5.00 and 20.00) seconds
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Random integer number between 1 and 4), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Rune_Point = (Random point in Playable_Area)
                Item - Create Chaos_Item[(Random integer number between 0 and 4)] at Rune_Point
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Rune_Point)
        Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

johnnymra

Reaction score
First of all... i just don?t see any events.... i'm even thinking if your trigger really works.
But beside that i see that the only problem you have is that you don't set the location... i mean you have to set a specific location (if it's variable than use POINT not REGION because you don't spawn multiple runes at a time). The rest looks fine... Hope i helped

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
First of all... i just don?t see any events.... i'm even thinking if your trigger really works.
But beside that i see that the only problem you have is that you don't set the location... i mean you have to set a specific location (if it's variable than use POINT not REGION because you don't spawn multiple runes at a time). The rest looks fine... Hope i helped

The trigger is first run from another trigger so it works.
And I do set the location:

Code:
Set Rune_Point = (Random point in Playable_Area)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Where do you set Playable_Area, and do you ever destroy it? (AFAIK, you shouldn't.)

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
Where do you set Playable_Area, and do you ever destroy it? (AFAIK, you shouldn't.)

In my initialization trigger, and no I never destroy it and I use it (Playable_Area) for a lot of triggers. Not just this one, and they all work fine.

educator

Reaction score
umm, i just created a replica of your trigger and it works perfectly. every 5 to 20 seconds it spawns 1 - 4 items, 4 different items can spawn, it removes the rune_point and it runs the trigger again.
your mistake must be in the other triggers, make sure that you didn't set your "playable_area" variable as "playable_area" (coz i nearly made that mistake)
EDIT- just checked it, if you set your "playable_area" variable as the "playable_area" variable, it will spawn all items at the center of the map

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
umm, i just created a replica of your trigger and it works perfectly. every 5 to 20 seconds it spawns 1 - 4 items, 4 different items can spawn, it removes the rune_point and it runs the trigger again.
your mistake must be in the other triggers, make sure that you didn't set your "playable_area" variable as "playable_area" (coz i nearly made that mistake)
EDIT- just checked it, if you set your "playable_area" variable as the "playable_area" variable, it will spawn all items at the center of the map

Hmm no this is extremely weird. I copied & pasted the trigger into a blank map, along with the items, and it worked perfectly fine. In the original map however, it didn't work. Btw, I changed it to "Playable map area" (the non-variable one) and it still didn't work.

This is weird indeed.

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved it. I had been working with a very old version of the map and forgot that in it, I ended up deleting the Playable_Area variable. I feel like such an idiot. Thanks for the help everyone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.