Can't Install Wc3

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I came down to my computer this evening hoping to play some wc3, I soon noticed there was a new patch though (damn blizzard).

I couldn't install it because of replacing the worldedit.exe file so I decided to reinstall wc3 to get a new one. This was a very stupid move to make though, obviously since now I can't install wc3 again!?

It gives me the same error message and stops at the same place every time...

So screenshots:

errormessage.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for all help!
// Carl-Fredrik

Fun_

Reaction score
Do This:

Re-purchase Warcraft 3, etc.

OR

Try either putting in a new CD, uninstalling software (if that is neccesary). As a last resort, visit this URL, click Warcraft 3, click technical support, and then read the posts.

URL: http://wc3edit.net/.

Edit: Also, is there any software that is blocking your Warcraft 3 Disc, or can you successfully download the latest patch??

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Take my advice and don't download the patch. I don't mean to create any confusion for you, but as far as I know, download v1.24 patch, and you won't be able to play any of the popular maps until Blizzard releases a more stable patch.

Try uninstalling the game again, except remove all traces of the game from your hard-drive, and from the registry. I suggest using an Uninstall program, which you can find through google or just here.

Check if your CD is ok, I know for a fact that sometimes a scratched CD can play a game, but won't install it properly; often a scratch hides an important fragment of data that the installation needs. If it's scratched badly, take it to a Video rental store, usually they have the appropriate tools to resurface a disc, and at a low price too.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Take my advice and don't download the patch. I don't mean to create any confusion for you, but as far as I know, download v1.24 patch, and you won't be able to play any of the popular maps until Blizzard releases a more stable patch.

Try uninstalling the game again, except remove all traces of the game from your hard-drive, and from the registry. I suggest using an Uninstall program, which you can find through google or just here.

Check if your CD is ok, I know for a fact that sometimes a scratched CD can play a game, but won't install it properly; often a scratch hides an important fragment of data that the installation needs. If it's scratched badly, take it to a Video rental store, usually they have the appropriate tools to resurface a disc, and at a low price too.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and help, I will look into it tomorrow when I've got more time.

+Rep

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Anytime.

Remember, buying a new CD is your last resort. Explore all other options before, unless they're more expensive!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.