cant make start trigger

Td novice

Reaction score
i suck at trigger editor help

i have a 30 level td that im trying to make if i finish my towers can someone else take this td and make the triggers and spawn points?

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Why not just learn them? There are a lot of good tutorials here, check them. Triggering is as important as the other parts of world editing.
You will never be able to do a map by yourself if you don't learn the triggers. Would that be fun? :] Now go out there and learn! They are easy once you get the idea.

Td novice

Reaction score
i have no idea how to make spawn points paths for creeps to take or the triggers themselves can someone put it into the simplest terms because just showing the triggers already made does not help

Td novice

Reaction score
ive looked at multiple tutorials the only thing that helped was one post where instead of showing the editor was step by step wording not just showing the triggers already made

Razed

Reaction score
We here at TH.net are not a Warcraft III editing service. Do not expect for you to hand over your map to us and have it handed back magically complete. It won't happen. So don't try.
There are cases where the problem can't be readily seen in the posts, in which case you will be asked to upload the map for someone to look at, but they will only be looking at that one problem.

In other words, we will not create your map as you stated in your question.
We could help you out if you let us show the problem in your triggering, but if this kind of triggering is too complicated to understand, try starting with creating a map which needs simple triggering.

For example: an escape map, some campaign map (can be unique and creative), or any other adventure maps.
Or take the time, and read the tutorials :p

Chewbalka

Reaction score
i have no idea how to make spawn points paths for creeps to take or the triggers themselves can someone put it into the simplest terms because just showing the triggers already made does not help

When you try making a trigger the best trick is just read it over, with gui triggers say exactly what they do example of the trigger you want

Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Spawn Start<gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Move To (Center of Spawn Second<gen>)

if your read it it clearly says it will create a unit for neutral hostile at spawn start then move that unit to spawn second
spawn start is a region
spawn second is the region you want the unit to move to
neutral hostile is a player

This goes for any trigger you see nearly. just think of triggers as a book wrighten by 4 year olds :)

Td novice

Reaction score
im not trying to have someone make my triggers for me i just want to know in plain words how to create spawn and end points for my td for now so i can test it

DKigorDK

Reaction score
if you start with the moving system if will make it a little easyer for you to learn, here is an exm.

Code:
Move order to a region
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters "Region"
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Player 10 (player of the creeps)
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of "Region")

jaybles169

Reaction score
The best way I found to start learning was to learn by example; open other people's maps and see how they did everything. And of course practice, practice, practice. Your first few maps don't have to be glorious.

Td novice

Reaction score
ok i got the movment thing down now what do i do to make regions for the spawns to move to and the spwan points with a gateway and circle of power

DKigorDK

Reaction score
if you want to make a TD, i will take a look at Blizzards 6 players TD cant remember what it is called.

but also if you dont know much to trigger, i will think you will be getting lost in all the trigger :/

but yeah simple maps are good to learn from, therfor try find a tutorial about making an td, most of them are extremely easy to learn from cos there always follows a map with the tutorial, so if you open the map and take a look at some of the trigger you can really learn something, and if there is something you dont understand you can always PM, i will be glad to help.

think i have created about 5 td's with moving, spwan, special creep, multiboard systems, but never finished one of them.

so if you need help with the basic feel free to write me a message

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Refer to the rules.
Dont expect us to magic your map into reality. Also, dont try make a TD already! Income is confusing sometimes. Start with lets say...A hero wars game (like me) very straight forward. I would give some advice: Dont finish it. Its just to get you used to triggering, then you can make major maps:thup:.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
My only good tip is: play around with the editor. Find out how different triggers work. Apply them to your map.

If you want to be a good map-maker you have to learn triggering at some point. Once you do, it's a lot of fun.

Td novice

Reaction score
ive played around with the editor and i got the basics for making towers without a lot of difficulty i got the units done and all i have to fix is my ice tower iu just need a little help with these triggers because these tutorials that are supposed to help are just pics of the triggers already made or just maps with triggers made i appreciate the word by word advice here and by the end of the week i will have this td done and on battlenet

Td novice

Reaction score
ive tried for two days i just need to know how to make a spawn point and end for my creeps can anyone tell me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.