Casting from Locusted units.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
In my map I have 3 units. A Summon, a Hero and a Dummy Caster. The Summon has Locust(untargetable), Endurance Aura, and Cloud(it autochannels it). My hero can summon the Summon every 35 seconds and they last for 120 seconds. When I cast my heros ultimate I want flames to appear over every Summon near my hero and deal damage to nearby units. The two ways I thought of going this with are Immolation and Flame Strike. The problem is you can't target or get location from Locust units(aside from last created) so I can't order it to cast flame strike(or immolation) at its position or order a dummy unit to cast flame strike on it.

So how would you do it?

Edit: I rewrote my question. See below for the old one.

I have an ability that summons wards. These wards are immobile, invincible(locust), unselectable(locust) and have an aura that gives speed(endurance) and evasion(smokescreen).

I want when my unit cast its ultimate to deal X dps to units by the ward. MY problem is you can't use the pick command to order these units(or other units) to cast flamestrike(my current dps ability) at the location of the ward(you can pick or get location from units with locust). So how do you do it? My next problem is changing it so it won't interupt wards.

Basically what I'm asking is:
How do you get the position of units with Locust.

Kershbob

Reaction score
Maybe make it so when the ultimate is cast pick every unit in playable map area and then check if it's your locust unit and if it is give it the ability immolation?

T

ThE-eNiGmA

a locusted unit is pretty much unselectable. I didn't really read all of the question, but i know that putting an auto ability like phoenix fire works on the locust. If you are trying to cast onto the locust, that could be more difficult. The problem is that if you are using a targetable spell that aims at a unit...I don't think it can be done. You could aim it at the location of the unit, there are ways to do that, but that would hardly do for most things.

Jazradel

Reaction score
ThE-eNiGmA is right it is impossible to use pick to select Locust units. I just need a way to get the location of each Summon with range on my Hero.
I can't use Phoenix fire because I need it to work only when my hero casts its ultimate. Is there a way to emulate the effects of Locust but still be able to use Pick unit and Position of Unit?

Edit: You can target Locust units if you create them in trigger by using Last Created Unit. Maybe I can set up an array and assign each Oil Spill and new number when it is created.

B

BlizZard

BlizZard

This meybee help :rolleyes:
If you go the undead special units and make locust have like 200 mana
put the spell that you want in the active spells nad put immaliton or what it calld on auoto cast?
Try that

B

BlizZard

BlizZard

Sorry 4 doubble posting,
you cant Create locust with triggers joust try it out

Kershbob

Reaction score
Make a permanent immolation ability which requires a research. Then make it so when the hero casts his ultimate the research is set to 1 and when it's finished make it set the research to 0.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> when it's finished make it set the research to 0

Sounds good, but, unfortunately, it isn't working.
You can't unresearch researches...

Kershbob

Reaction score
Make the ultimate move a copy of metamorph and make the immolation require the unit you turn into then.

I tested it and I don't think that works.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Care for weird thoughts? Here's one:

Locusts don't necessarily need the ability "Locust" :)

Remove it, put "Ward" in "unit classification" and "Decoration" in "targeted as".
That will, obviously, make them selectable, but as for shooting...
do you have a unit that can shot decoration?

Kershbob

Reaction score
Instead of a temproy spell you could make the ultimate an upgrade ability like engineer upgrade. That would work fine.

Jazradel

Reaction score
I tried using this code. I didn't work.
Edit: I just realized that it will cast cloud before it has a chance to cast flamestrike. I'll fix that right away and then see.
Edit2: I put in the wait command and it works perfectly. Thank you everyone. Except you.
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of hero) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Summon) and (((Region centered at (Position of hero) with size ((300.00 + ((Real((Level of Ultimate  for hero))) x 100.00)), (300.00 + ((Real((Level of Ultimate  for hero and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Picked unit))
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Position of (Picked unit))

I'm fixing memory leaks later by the way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.