Spell Chain Lightning

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hmm someone should make such a template in vJASS... then it will be REALLY, REALLY easy to customize :O

But having such a system for GUI users is fine as well for sure :) respect flare :O

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
its not a template as such, i just decided to make a triggered chain lightning (after some inspiration) :rolleyes:

and its FAIRLY easy to customize, just change the value for some variables and your done :) (assuming you have the brain capacity to change the variables value)

~another bump~

Also, if I uploaded a version that used 10 different lightning effects (if there is that many), would you download it? Just curious before I go do it and end up wasting time on it for no reason ^^

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Why would you want 10 different lightning effects on a chain lightning spell? :eek:

And why is this spell still lying here collecting dust?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Cool spell - the SFX look nice.

In the trigger "Lightning bounce and decay", the variable "nearbytargets" is not destroyed.
Why are there two separate maps? The one with less views looks a whole lot better than the other and works more like the original Chain Lightning.

The code itself is hardly readable with all those uncapitalized index values and variable names.
Also, the spell is a pain to configure. The average person would have to search through the code just to change a few things.

You should add a configuration menu at the very start of the <trigger>, which includes variables that work as constants.
That would make it a lot easier to edit the spell.

Overall, good job.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
>In the trigger "Lightning bounce and decay", the variable "nearbytargets" is not destroyed.
Why are there two separate maps? The one with less views looks a whole lot better than the other and works more like the original Chain Lightning.

Thanks for pointing out the leak. Second map just added SFX and the alternating lightning effect (just for fun :p)

>The code itself is hardly readable with all those uncapitalized index values and variable names.
Also, the spell is a pain to configure. The average person would have to search through the code just to change a few things.

>You should add a configuration menu at the very start of the <trigger>, which includes variables that work as constants.
That would make it a lot easier to edit the spell.

I'll add some caps to the var names (was a bit lazy when I first started on the spell). Only problem with the configuration at the start would be that the lightning duration and fade effects must be reset within the Bounce and decay trigger (since any lightning not generated by the initial cast gets its fade and duration set in the Bounce and Decay trigger). I'll try to think of some way around that (a few comments maybe?)

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
shit cant give you rep again^^

maybe add an easier way to set the damage, fading time ....
because i always have to read trough ten thousand lines of triggers^^

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I could set the fade time, fade percentage, and any other constants there are at Map Init, but without the arrays (would reduce customizability by a TINY bit). Initial damage MUST be set within the cast trigger, there's nothing I can do to fix that. I could -POSSIBLY- add the decay % (I'll just change it from "reduce current damage by 10%" to "set new damage to 90% of current damage" since it's easier to trigger ^^) at Map Init, but it'll reduce customizability (if you wanted lower decay at higher levels etc)

Any other ideas on what could be set at Map Init?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Nice work Flare! I really love this compared to the regular one:p. (+ rep^^)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.