Change lightning effect height

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello! I got two questions:

1: If I want to create a lightning effect from Point[1] to Point[2] with a height if 200, how can this be done?
2: When I want to change the lightning effect to go from Point[1] to Point[3], can I just do this the GUI way and still have the 200 height, or do I need to use a custom script for this aswell?

Thanks in advance!

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
req: newgen

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary, Visible lightning effect from source (0.00,0.00,0.00) to target (0.00,0.00,0.00)
    • Lightning - Make (Last created lightning effect) Visible and move it to reach from (0.00,0.00,0.00) to (0.00,0.00,0.00)

X,Y,Z

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
JASS:
call AddLightningEx("CLPB",true,X1,Y1,Z1,X2,Y2,Z2)

Trigger:
  • //CREATE LIGHTNING
    • Custom script: set udg_LightningVar = AddLightningEx("CLPB",true,GetLocationX(udg_Point1),GetLocationY(udg_Point1),200,GetLocationX(udg_Point2),GetLocationY(udg_Point2),200)
    • //MOVE LIGHTNING
    • Custom script: call MoveLightningEx(udg_LightningVar,true,GetLocationX(udg_Point1),GetLocationY(udg_Point1),200,GetLocationX(udg_Point3),GetLocationY(udg_Point3),200)

CLPB is for chain lightning model effect*
the true is to set if lightning is visible. set false if not to visible.
200 = height of lightning

May I ask why NewGen does not interest you?

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm doing almost everything in GUI, so I don't really see a need for it, and I always hated how you have to save the map before each test with newgen :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.