"Change weapon"

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to, as an example, take a Footman and change his sword to an axe using the editor only???

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
No, you have to edit the model itself.

OFF-TOPIC: 5 more posts to 300 posts :p

Vamtiin

Reaction score
ok, now I have those programs, exept Maya... 3ds max i already had!

But theonly program that I figured out how to use, well atleast in some areas, was magos model editor. With it I managed to size up a footmans sword and remove his shield... but thats all! Someone that knows how to, for example, remove his sword and replace it with an axe???

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
lol just an idea, what about removing the sword itself and just add the sword or axe as attachments via trigger/item

Vamtiin

Reaction score
lol just an idea, what about removing the sword itself and just add the sword or axe as attachments via trigger/item

??? is that even possible???

I mean, its easy to think afterwards, changing the model in the trigger editor???

N

NuBy

If you want to remove the sword, you must first delete the sword via the model editor (the sword is just like the footman itself, but the attack animation makes it look unique). And then somehow get the unit with the axe, wipe the unit out except for its sword. (Don't tell me how to do it because I have no idea, but common sense).:)

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
You could slice the top of the sword (with a model editor) and add more vertex's this way, when just move these new vertex's to make it looks like an axe.

C

Cookie

There is a much easier way to do it, then having to learn to model. Just merely alpha skin the footmans sword out (There is a tutorial in the tutorials section, or you can go to hive workshop, and go to 'Requests', and im pretty sure there is a thread with a lot of the warcraft 3 models without their weapons. Then add the axe via attachments! Download a model of an axe from hive, and your set! :p

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Ok, now I have some models... downloaded them from hive but I have a question... how the fuck does I use them in the editor??? I can´t find the unit anywhere in the editor, I tried to use the importmanager but it didn´t work... can someone help me???

(the model I am trying to use right now is a hero, called thief)

Vamtiin

Reaction score
ok, first of all... unarmed??? how do I change that? in the object editor???

second... should I use the magos model editor???

How do I add several models into one magos model editor?

The tutorial given, am I supposed to use the object editor there???

SaintMorose

Reaction score
The tutorial shows adding seperate models in WE not in a modeleditor you just need model editor to delete the sword from the footman from there you can import the swordless footman, a sword model, and an axe into WE and use the tut from there

Vamtiin

Reaction score
ok, where should I save the models???

Can someone give me a link to somwhere they explain the magos model editor near???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.