Changing the attack range of Hero

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Wait, while DioD's method may not be efficient, is it confirmed that using a second negative upgrade to cancel the first would not work? It's an interesting thought, I hadn't considered it.
Make several copies of the unit and replace the unit with a different version with more range if you wish to be able to unlearn a range increase.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Make several copies of the unit and replace the unit with a different version with more range if you wish to be able to unlearn a range increase.

that would be the "best" method though it wouldnt be very good either.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1 billion upgrades == lose sanity
+ still possible to glitch == pure aweful

i think bogrims solution wins.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just used this little trigger just to see if I got any bugs out of having too many levels on the upgrades, and nothing happened...

Trigger:
  • Upgrade Range Periodic
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Long Rifles Decrease to ((Current research level of Long Rifles Decrease for Player 1 (Red)) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Long Rifles Increase to ((Current research level of Long Rifles Increase for Player 1 (Red)) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Set TempInt = (TempInt + 1)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Level: + (String(TempInt)))

Though I ONLY tried it up to about 9000 levels, so I can't really be sure ! :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it will boost the loading time and the map space and it will fail once you use it more then 9000 times. nothing i would recommend.

its the same as memory leaks. why remove them? they do not cause lag if you do not have more then 1000000 of them. yeah, but thats the point. sometime they will stack up to 1000000+ and then you are busted.

DioD

Reaction score
its over 6000!

ps. everything tested long long ago in far away galaxy 3 times.

Accname
there is no other way, 60 levels of ups take as much space as 4 copy of hero and 8 skills.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Another alternative could be enabling a different attack index. If you only have one item that adds a set range bonus and every hero can equip the item, then use the hero's second attack index for the range bonus and simply use an orb to enable it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Bogrim
why not to test before suggesting, this does not work.

it does but its rather complicated.

using orbs you cannot disable the first attack. but you can with work around with either the "root" ability of nightelven ancients or the tree club ability of the mountain giant.
i believe there was another possibility but i cannot remember correctly.

DioD

Reaction score
and you will bug out hero command cart disabling attack to display.

skill you need is club from mountain giants, with proper flags it can be casted instantly and silently (also disabling this ability wont disable its effect) but this work around possible to normal units only, hero may not display multiple attacks.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
and you will bug out hero command cart disabling attack to display.

skill you need is club from mountain giants, with proper flags it can be casted instantly and silently (also disabling this ability wont disable its effect) but this work around possible to normal units only, hero may not display multiple attacks.
alot better then having 9000+ upgrades i think.

DioD

Reaction score
user will notice "OMG MY HERO ATTACK DONT DISPLAY I CANT PLAY THIS MAP OMG OMG MY ATTACK NOT DISPLAY!!!1111"

but will never notice 6001 upgrade.

also ever if you manage to switch attacks, each unit may have only 2 attacks, this is not sc2 where such manipulations is not issue at all.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
user will notice "OMG MY HERO ATTACK DONT DISPLAY I CANT PLAY THIS MAP OMG OMG MY ATTACK NOT DISPLAY!!!1111"

but will never notice 6001 upgrade.

also ever if you manage to switch attacks, each unit may have only 2 attacks, this is not sc2 where such manipulations is not issue at all.

i think the user will definitely notice after using that the 6002 time.

and i do not think that anybody has a problem with his attack not showing up on the cart. moreover if i remember correctly this issue has been solved in the latest patch. since 1.24 the 2 attack of heroes does show up if the first is disabled. at least if you enable the second attack via orbs while the first is disabled it shows the attack properly.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Accname

it that is true, the problem with war club still the same :) if you enable the attack 2 and disable the attack 1, the attack 2 don't show

Leazy

Reaction score
Hm, if he were to make 6000 copies of the upgrade, making the positive steps of for example 10 wouldn't be a problem since you can auto fill levels. But at least in my editor I can't autofill negative values, meaning he would have to spend hours of filling the negative values.

Lets say he used jumps of 50 in the range. Picking up an item which grants you 600 range if you're melee (100 attack range) for example, would need 10 upgrade levels. By having 6000 upgrades this would fail after picking up and dropping the item 600 times. If he were to increase range by lets say 1000 each time he would need 20 upgrade levels each time he picked up/dropped the item, causing this to fail after 300 times. Please let me know if I calculated something wrong, but I don't really see this as a handy/reliable system.

Perhaps you could have an extremely long attack range as a base (lets say 10000, or whatever will be the max range possible) and trigger it so that when the unit is supposed to have 600 attack range he will move to 600 range away from the unit and then attack, just as if he had 600 range.

DioD

Reaction score
you dont need 6000 levels you will never hit 100 limit ofc if you not try to abuse system.

if your hero may increase range by 100, you need steps of 100, not 10 or 1.

Leazy

Reaction score
In his example he didn't increase the range by 100, so I thought 50 would be more accurate.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
You need to understand this, you just fill in the level increment of an upgrade, you don't need to fill in each level...
You fill in the start, example 50 (-50) and then the increment which should also be 50 (-50) so each time you level it up you'll get another 50 (-50) in range :D

DioD

Reaction score
you dont need to fill levels at all, if fields are null, game will use first level data.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.