Changing Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Mase, that seems to be the case.
However, I don't understand why the maps page wouldn't use the user id, instead of their name, as that would solve the problem completely.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the fact (I think someone posted something like this) that if someone changed their name after submitting a map to the map database it resets their submitted map number a reason also?

I have no idea. I would not think so because I don't think changing a username changes the underlying User ID which would be logically the link between the maps database and the forum users. However, SD_Ryoko wrote the map database script and I do not know how he did it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I remember my switch from Alexander to Seth Cross and the only map I had up at the time didn't switch to Seth Cross. If that's a hint to anyone.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
If you simply forgot to cap the first letter or something, then it would probably fixed

Actually i have been wanting to change mine for awhile, i didn't know that you couldn't change caps on names when registering

If the "d" In my name could be changed to "D", that would be greatly appreciated, if so possible.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually i have been wanting to change mine for awhile, i didn't know that you couldn't change caps on names when registering

If the "d" In my name could be changed to "D", that would be greatly appreciated, if so possible.

Done.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Say, now when we're talking about changing Usernames, can someone capitalize the "r" in "darkrae"? (the second, the "r" in "rae")

So it'll be "darkRae"; I'm kinda bored with my own name :p

Thank you, it's just a capitalization, so I think it's fine.

I went ahead and did it for you cause I have the time.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Let me explain. We don't change usernames because I kind of know everyone here and when a username changes I lose track of the old name (it is not kept anywhere) and then I am always confused about who is who.

So, keeping with that philosophy, as long as the name change is not significantly different then the old name (corrections, capitalizations, etc are not significant differences) then we can change the name. If the name change is going to confuse me from who you were in the past, then no.

Obviously, the newer users are going to not have as much trouble because if they have not been here in a while than I am not going to get confused. How long is a user still a new user - that depends, probably here less than a month and under a 100 posts.

So If i wanted to remove all those numbers at the end of my name?
Which I always wanted to do....then you guys can't right?

So it would just read 'Hero' instead of 'Hero12341234'

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I made the exception for you Hero. I hated those freaking numbers :D

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It might have been at the time you signed up. It was not in use now though.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
if hell knight isn't taken then mind taking away the 9? Same reason as hero this name is usually taken so I stuck in the 9 to be sure instead of filling the stuff over again.

I would still like it uncapitalized.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think I should change my name while the name changing is still "hot". :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You bring up a good point, Orc_Tamer.

People, please don't turn this into a huge thing.
I don't think we need people getting their names changed left and right.
A good reason is nice to have, but if the change is small enough, it doesn't really matter.

Actually, I don't think it matters, period.
In the future, if you want your name changed, it may be better to simply PM an admin about it.
If it gets to be too common/too much trouble for the staff, we'll probably just end it.

That about all to be said here, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.