Changing Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
An Administrator has to change your username.
Usually, we don't unless it's something minor like switching a letter or capitalizing something.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
We made a rule awhile ago that we will not even change the capitalization in your name, let alone change the name all together.

Sorry.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
We made a rule awhile ago that we will not even change the capitalization in your name, let alone change the name all together.

Sorry.

Actually, that is the older rule. Once upon a time, we didn't even have a rule for it because it never happened. After about... 2 or 3 people changed their names to something COMPLETELY different, TH said that he didn't want to see that happen anymore. It made things too confusing.

However, little changes are fine. We went through an entire day changing capital letters for people. RagingSpeedH got his name extended to RagingSpeedHorn, since the limit at the time of him signing up didn't let him spell it out. Through the ACP, limits don't exist except the Administrator's personal opinion. I didn't see much harm in 3 more letters :rolleyes:

Lemme put it this way; What did you want your name to be instead? If it's something like brian -> Brian, that's fine. If it's more like brian -> IamTehGreatestestest, then no ^.^

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, like how I use to be Mizuio-Ken I just got rid of the -
so now I'm Mizuio Ken XD
Thats perfectly allow

NineClick

Reaction score
actually i want "Barathrum" as my username. is it available? if it is, then please rename me to that! i love that band and also the character in dota ... if u can't, i want to remove the underscore in my username. make it "NineClick" instead. ayt?! thanks! :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
actually i want "Barathrum" as my username. is it available? if it is, then please rename me to that! i love that band and also the character in dota ... if u can't, i want to remove the underscore in my username. make it "NineClick" instead. ayt?! thanks! :)

He just said you couldn't change your complete username, only capitalization.

Also, sorry for closing this, I didn't know of the new rule, I only saw TH's post in another thread about not doing name changes. :)

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Remove underscore? that can't be done. The underscore shows that your name is an actual clickable link...

DM Cross

Reaction score
Huh? You don't have an underscore, Gordon. Your name is "Sir Gordon", not "Sir_Gordon" o_O Just like mine is "Seth Cross" instead of "Seth_Cross"

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Huh? You don't have an underscore, Gordon. Your name is "Sir Gordon", not "Sir_Gordon" o_O Just like mine is "Seth Cross" instead of "Seth_Cross"

My bad, confusing underscore with underline.
(I'm Sir Gordon and you're Seth Cross , after all)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Technically, those lines are only due to links. If you go into both of our profiles and read our names, neither are underlined or have underscores.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Code:
a:link
{
  text-decoration: none
}

:D

(I haven't done CSS in a while so it might be wrong)

Anywho, so basically; capitalization is only what you can change?

What if you need to switch around some letters, minor problems are accepted too, right?

Just clarifying.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> What if you need to switch around some letters, minor problems are accepted too, right?

Depends on what it is, but possibly, yes.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
basicly they want to avoid things like when they changed Malto1 and Alexanders names, just caused confusion. People think "wha?! Whos that?"

Though, I think a name change shouldn't be out of question if they arn't really known yet, like less than X posts/rep.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me explain. We don't change usernames because I kind of know everyone here and when a username changes I lose track of the old name (it is not kept anywhere) and then I am always confused about who is who.

So, keeping with that philosophy, as long as the name change is not significantly different then the old name (corrections, capitalizations, etc are not significant differences) then we can change the name. If the name change is going to confuse me from who you were in the past, then no.

Obviously, the newer users are going to not have as much trouble because if they have not been here in a while than I am not going to get confused. How long is a user still a new user - that depends, probably here less than a month and under a 100 posts.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Say, now when we're talking about changing Usernames, can someone capitalize the "r" in "darkrae"? (the second, the "r" in "rae")

So it'll be "darkRae"; I'm kinda bored with my own name :p

Thank you, it's just a capitalization, so I think it's fine.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Let me explain. We don't change usernames because I kind of know everyone here and when a username changes I lose track of the old name (it is not kept anywhere) and then I am always confused about who is who.

So, keeping with that philosophy, as long as the name change is not significantly different then the old name (corrections, capitalizations, etc are not significant differences) then we can change the name. If the name change is going to confuse me from who you were in the past, then no.

Obviously, the newer users are going to not have as much trouble because if they have not been here in a while than I am not going to get confused. How long is a user still a new user - that depends, probably here less than a month and under a 100 posts.

Isn't the fact (I think someone posted something like this) that if someone changed their name after submitting a map to the map database it resets their submitted map number a reason also?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
darkrae, I'm not sure "I'm bored with my name" is a valid reason. I dobut that the admins want people to switch caps becuase they are bored. Say you get darkRae now, in a month you'll be bored, and you'll for your name to be changed again to DarkRae or something. If you simply forgot to cap the first letter or something, then it would probably fixed, but I doubt if "I'm bored" will be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.