Channel and range..

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an ability which is based on channel firstly, and the triggers attached create custom values, add unit to a group which is periodically sorted so that 'waits' can be replaced and everything works nicely in MUI. BUT, there's a problem.. when I command the unit to start the ability and the hero must walk into range to start it, he fails to start the ability. I do not know why this would happen. I tried to add an if,then with a condition comparing the distance between hero and target unit and sure enough, the distance does not equal the minimum distance (700) required to start the ability.. How can this be fixed? I've no ideas..

Edit: Ah, I was wrong to say the ability fails to start, it does start. Where it seems to hiccup is the trigger creates a unit and the unit does not attack the unit it is ordered to attack. When the ability is started under 700 range though, everything works perfectly.
Here, here's my trig:

Code:
RGDMGC AcidBlast MUI
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to RGDMGC Acid Blast
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Acid Caster (First)
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Venom Warden (Second)
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Bane (Third)
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Acid Blast Effect S...
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue Less than 70
            Then - Actions
                Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue = (RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue = 0
        Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastBoolean[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] = True
        Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastCount[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] = 0.00
        Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastEnemyUnit[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        -------- Boolean can help to start and stop the attack. --------
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue
            If - Conditions
                (Level of RGDMGC Acid Blast  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 RGDMGC AcidAttacker 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of RGDMGC Acid Blast  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 RGDMGC AcidAttacker 2 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of RGDMGC Acid Blast  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 RGDMGC AcidAttacker 3 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of RGDMGC Acid Blast  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 RGDMGC AcidAttacker 4 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of RGDMGC Acid Blast  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 RGDMGC AcidAttacker 5 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroPoint[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
            Else - Actions
        Unit - Set level of RGDMGC Acid Blast Extra Damage (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to 1
        Set RGDMGC_AcidBlastAttacker[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order RGDMGC_AcidBlastAttacker[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue] to Attack RGDMGC_AcidBlastEnemyUnit[RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue]
        Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to RGDMGC_AcidBlastHeroGroup

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You must have done something wrong then. :)

Make sure the Channel ability has the channeling time set to 0 and the disable other ability set to false. Other than that, I guess it's just trigger problem..

RedOrb

Reaction score
You must have done something wrong then. :)

Make sure the Channel ability has the channeling time set to 0 and the disable other ability set to false. Other than that, I guess it's just trigger problem..

Thanks Vypur, I was wrong >_O. I can't think what the problem is though.. Edited my post.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I still can't tell what the problem is.
How do you refer your units in your other trigger? I believe you'll need to set the unit Custom Value to RGDMGC_AcidBlastCustomValue to be able to refer your saved variables. Isn't it? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Edit
Ah fark. I completely missed it. You did set the custom value...
Then I'm unsure what's wrong... as of now. Lol.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Now I feel like a dunce :) It was acquisition range.. AR was set to 700 like the ability, and for whatever reason the unit was more than 700 distance away from target, and although it's RANGE was set to over 1000, it's acquisition range was only 700. I thought acquisition range was related to sight..

Works now! Thanks Vypur :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.