"Channel" Cast Event to Effect effect almost instant?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hey there,
I've been wondering: When ordering a unit to "stop" in the Cast Event, then that unit SHOULDN'T be able to actuall cast the Spell, since it stop the effect event to take place, correct?

However, When using "channel" and setting the Target Type to "no Target", the sequence from Cast to Effect takes place, even if I stop that unit in the Cast Event. Mana is still taken, but the cooldown is prevented.

My Question is; How can I stop this from occurring, without having to create a boolean variable and check it in the Effect Event?

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Use [ljass]EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT[/ljass]...?

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey there,
I've been wondering: When ordering a unit to "stop" in the Cast Event, then that unit SHOULDN'T be able to actuall cast the Spell, since it stop the effect event to take place, correct?

However, When using "channel" and setting the Target Type to "no Target", the sequence from Cast to Effect takes place, even if I stop that unit in the Cast Event. Mana is still taken, but the cooldown is prevented.

My Question is; How can I stop this from occurring, without having to create a boolean variable and check it in the Effect Event?
Hmm ... sounds like a bug with channel to me. Do you use "casting time" or "Follow Through Time" with channel? What you want is "Follow Through Time", since "casting time" simply delays the SpellCast Start event.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
The order of events is this:

Channel > casting time > Cast > cast point, the spell is casted > Effect > cast backswing animation is played > Finish

So, you should be able to prevent spell by using cast event, since it triggers before cast point. If you want to stop it before casting time, you can use channel event.

Also, some events dont have some event responses, which can cause problems unless you use some system like SpellEvent. ( But I believe all of them have GetTriggerUnit, so thats shouldnt be the case )

But yea, if mana is taken, but cooldown prevented its really weird. Can you post some screenie with those channel spell object editor settings?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.