Check Movement Speed of Selected Unit

Volkof

Reaction score
Hello all,

How do I use the -ms command to check the movement speed of the Selected Unit

Code:
Check Movement Speed
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ms as An exact match
    Conditions
        [COLOR="Red"]A Unit is Selected = True[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Current movement speed of ([COLOR="Red"]Selected unit[/COLOR]))))

I hav checked and cant find "Selected Unit" action. Also the condition is almost like what I was looking for, but it doesnt exist. Any help?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Check Movement Speed
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        [B]Set TempGroup = (Units selected by (Triggering player))[/B]
        Unit group - Pick every unit in TempGroup
            Loop - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Current movement speed of (Picked unit))))

I guess you get the idea?

Edit (for post below):
I guess destroying group doesn't really matter since that's not what he wanted :p. Just wanted to pass the idea.

DonRoman

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units currently selected by (Triggering player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Picked unit)) + ( has a movement speed of: + (String((Current movement speed of (Picked unit))))))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Edit: hrmpf too late :/, but you forgot to destroy the group :D

Volkof

Reaction score
Do I have to create 8 of this Trigger and 8 Variables because there are 8 players?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Check Movement Speed
    Events
        Player - Player 2 (...) types a chat message containing -ms as An exact match
        Player - Player 3 (...) types a chat message containing -ms as An exact match
        Player - Player 8 (...) types a chat message containing -ms as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempGroup = (Units selected by (Triggering player))
        Unit group - Pick every unit in TempGroup
            Loop - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Current movement speed of (Picked unit))))

Just add more events. It works like having 8 separate triggers.

JohnyO

Reaction score
a bit old, but no need for new thread
after I write "-ms"
i got needed movement speed of selected units, but before it I got 0.000

etc:
I post: -ms
I saw: 0.000
Bla has a movement speed of 300.000

Why it's 0.000 always?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Because its a real value. Try Converting real to integer THEN to string. In other words, it would be something like (String(integer(Current movement speed of (Picked unit))))

KoJi

Reaction score
What is that? Set TempGroup = (Units selected by (Triggering player))

What is Set TempGroup = (Units selected by (Triggering player)) I mean TempGroup is what type?

Dirac

Reaction score
TempGroup is Unit Group variable.

Only 8 events... GUI ftw
Are you implying what? that in JASS you must create 8 triggers? if anything in GUI is a lot more work, in JASS you can add 8 events through a loop without adding the events manually to a trigger like GUI does

Sicknedly

Reaction score
TempGroup is Unit Group variable.

Are you implying what? that in JASS you must create 8 triggers? if anything in GUI is a lot more work, in JASS you can add 8 events through a loop without adding the events manually to a trigger like GUI does
I love gui more than jass, yet, with jass, you dont need loop or anything. one line of event is enough, there is something like "all players" and event is same.

Dirac

Reaction score
I love gui more than jass, yet, with jass, you dont need loop or anything. one line of event is enough, there is something like "all players" and event is same.
Actually no, those are BJs that contain loops inside them, and there are some of them missing, such ass Detect all player's left arrow key press, which must be looped the same way all of the other events does. You should learn some JASS, you're obviously confused

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.