Cinematics Animation Questions

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
1) I want to make a cinematic, like the cinematic of Warcraft where the wisps start rotating around the World Tree. So, i'll set a camera and above it wisps will randomly come behind the camera source, heading towards the World Tree. Each wisp passing above the camera and enters the camera viewing field, it will shake the camera down way. The thing is: How am i supposed to create so many wisps without leaks/lags and how will i make them move this way (rotate around the World Tree):
l_e58105156d5f49bd9edde0c7cbfef69f.jpg

2) I want a unit that lies underwater to suddenly get out of it; while it is above the surface, some drops of water will appear also, while diving out and both unit and the drops of water will freeze. Then, the unit will be played a channel animation and waves will grow from the sea, heading towards the unit from behind.
Question: How to freeze the animation and the water drops? How to make the drops and how to make waves growing and moving towards a point?

3) How to slowly move from camera to camera?
This type:
Camera - Apply Camera Object for Player 1 over 3 seconds.
Wait 2 seconds.
Camera - Apply Camera Object for Player 1 over 3 seconds.

Ok, this will result a smooth movement to the camera, but it is really fast. I want it to slowly move and alternate with fade filter, camera view, fade filter, camera view and so on, but with a slow movement of camera view. How? :I

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
1.leaks/lags are not such big problem as to make the wisps to go around the tree the same way in the pic (btw that's a funny, but well made pic :p)

3. applying camera over 20 seconds? :D that will make it really slow....

emilemil1

Reaction score
to make them walk around the tree you can create regions in a circle around the tree, then a very simple "unit enters - order unit to move to" trigger

just remember to set the wisps collision size to 0 so they will move correctly.

also in the trigger, do NOT use "entering unit" because it creates bugs, use "triggering unit" instead

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
emilemil1 +rep for ur solution with the regions. Something more:
- I want the wisps' flying height to change every 0.3 seconds when they enter the first region. I set flyingheight = current flying height of (triggering unit) [or (last created unit)?]
Where will i set the variable at? The periodic event or the trigger with the "a unit enters a region" event? or both? Then, every 0.3 seconds change flying height of (triggering unit (?)) at flying height + 30? Cause it doesn't work!
- When the wisp enters the camera field, i want a sound to be played and the camera to sway/shake. What values should i follow to look like the original cinematic i told u?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.