Classroom: "General" GUI Functions

I

IKilledKEnny

Thanks Tonks for doing this (+REP... ;) ).

Anyway I'm just intrested in how will you teach, MSN, PM, forum post... In other words, what software / website will you use to communicate with the "students"?

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Can you increase the timeframe of the amount of time to do lessons?

One lesson/day seems a bit much, plus, people might not be able to get on on one day.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Umm yes we have alot of teachers needed in areas

If you go to this page and scroll down you will find the list or let me know and I'll put you onto the list :p

Click Here

pheonixashes - Idea person (head maybe)
Me - Manger of the Program person (maybe)

[Teachers Wanted]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
well I guess but I think you would have to ask tonks because I'm just the manger of the program thingy hes teaching the lesson :rolleyes:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Simple.... I'm in! (I'm going to be the most lazy, annoying person evur!!) jk... Good thing I know about the first 5 lessons already! :D

Tonks

Reaction score
Anyway I'm just intrested in how will you teach, MSN, PM, forum post... In other words, what software / website will you use to communicate with the "students"?

I was thinking I would create a thread for each lesson as I present them, and have students post questions and work there for me to grade.

Count me In!

Added.

Can you increase the timeframe of the amount of time to do lessons?

One lesson/day seems a bit much, plus, people might not be able to get on on one day.

Ya think so? Hm. Okay, lessons will be taught once every two days.

Can I teach... If not I'll just write some simple GUI function blah blah tutorial thingy-mobobbery lol

I'd rather keep it to just myself teaching, as it may become confusing or unorganized.

Is there any way for me just do lesson 5??

You can wait until I teach it. Noone is by any means forced to take them all, only what you can and want to.

Grades are, of course, just to tell you how good you're doing, and what you could improve on.

I've decided that rather than having a "due-date" for work, I'm going to present the lessons, then grade any work posted whether it comes a week later or the next day.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Tonks umm

Tonks said:
It looks like this will go on for five days; one lesson per day. It will initiate Friday (April 20), ending on Tuesday next week.
Yes, I will give +Rep for turning in homework, based on an effort grade. On the other hand, the feedback that I give you should be far more important than that.

Just because both of my parents are teachers and I'm head of the program or putting it together some things I might want to point out

1 - that people learn slower then others
2 - Umm might want to give lessons every friday or over the weekend or when someone is done they get the next lesson (with no time frame) Just because 1 day some might not be online or finish it because people like also have normal school to deal with as well...

With the no time frame thing if they don't turn it in like in 2 weeks you don't have to accept it or w/e

because this isn't real school so if they don't turn in the work theres no way you can get punished or w/e so no worries people

And the + Rep Idea = to Good idea lol

Are you going to teach more then one session of these lessons?

EDIT: NVM lol you beat my post lol

master maste

Reaction score
Yea I think weekends are better (fridays, saturdays or sundays) because I have school coming up and its more difficult with the time difference (you will be teaching when I'm at school lol)

Also someone should do this for JASS. :)

edit: I think some of my questions just got answered up there, maybe leave about a day for people to ask questions and give work since we are probably on the other side of the world.

I

IKilledKEnny

>Also someone should do this for JASS

I was actually thinking of that. If I was better at JASS I would have done it, but I'm still in learning process... I could do private class to you if you want.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Nice, count me in! I don't think i can ever stop learning :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.