Classroom: "General" GUI Functions

Tonks

Well, to kick off the whole Classroom thing, I thought I'd go ahead and improve awareness of the "General" functions in GUI.

Lesson 1:
· Do Nothing
· Comment
· Custom Script

Lesson 2:
· Wait
· Wait (Game Time)
· Wait for Condition
· Wait for Sound

Lesson 3:
· Set Variable

Lesson 4:
· If / Then / Else -> "" (Multiple Functions)
· Skip Remaining Actions

Lesson 5:
· For Each Integer A / B, Do Action -> (Multiple Actions)
· For Each Integer Variable, Do Action

I will, every-other day that this lesson is active, provide a guide on why it's useful, how to use it, and why to use it. I will also assign solo-work (Homework) to be done. The "Homework" and other work will be graded by a rubric. Homework will not have a due-date, so I will grade and comment on anything posted.

As you can see, some lessons contain several functions to be taught. I've grouped them like that for several reasons; some of them are often used together and can be used well to compliment each other, while some are just very similar.

If you would like to sign up, please reply to this thread. Do not PM me.

Signed up:
1. Ur-Quan
2. DrinkSlurm
3. pheonixashes
4. Andrewgosu
5. oninuva
6. Doom-Angel
7. tbjl2006
8. Naminator
9. esb
10. master maste
11. Kitt
12. Slywolf15
13. undeadorcjer
14. PurgeandFire

Lessons will start Friday, April 20.​

U

Ur-Quan

LoL, I want to teach from the best even if I know most of this.
So I'm in.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
I'm not signing up, but I could help others who do not know much yet about GUI... I could help with the lessons if possible...

worldofDeath

Do you give homwork out fridays-sunday? And what is the time limite of this. If we do good do we get rep. If the grades are good?

Tonks

LoL, I want to teach from the best even if I know most of this.
So I'm in.
Added.

Lol, thats gonna be one short lesson.

Lesson 1:

-
- //yes this is a comment o_O

WoW Resource
Elite Footmen
Good point. I think I'm going to combine those with lesson two.

Sign me up.
Added.

Yateweyade no katteze!

Sign me up, please.
Added.

I'm not signing up, but I could help others who do not know much yet about GUI... I could help with the lessons if possible...
I think I got it under control, but if you have any ideas for interesting lessons / assignments, by all means, do tell.

Sign me up.
Added.

Aren't you too big? :rolleyes:

Anyway great idea. Be sure to post it afterwards. :)
Pfft. Don't call Andrew fat! :rolleyes:

Do you give homwork out fridays-sunday? And what is the time limite of this. If we do good do we get rep. If the grades are good?
It looks like this will go on for five days; one lesson per day. It will initiate Friday (April 20), ending on Tuesday next week.
Yes, I will give +Rep for turning in homework, based on an effort grade. On the other hand, the feedback that I give you should be far more important than that.
Are you going to sign up?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
well that's a interesting idea of making a class, i liked it :D
i got nothing to do with it though (i can join like andrew though :p)

here some things u forgot to add inside ur material:
- Picking (Players/Units)
- Leak Removal (pretty important thing to know)

Doom-Angel

lol why do u need to test urself?
these things u do on a daily work in the WE without having any problems or issues also u are very good in jass which pretty much gives u higher level then what he teaches here.
but if u wanna join for ur own fun i don't mind u can do it i won't stop u :p.
but if u fail u will be Grounded for a month :D

Tonks

well that's a interesting idea of making a class, i liked it :D
i got nothing to do with it though (i can join like andrew though :p)
Does that mean you're signing up?

here some things u forgot to add inside ur material:
- Picking (Players/Units)
- Leak Removal (pretty important thing to know)
The material being presented is everything found under the "General" tab in the GUI list. I will cover leak removal, as it's part of Custom Script, but Picking has nothing to do with it :)

Doom-Angel

Does that mean you're signing up?
well i didn't thought at start but i think i will take it for fun :p
The material being presented is everything found under the "General" tab in the GUI list. I will cover leak removal, as it's part of Custom Script, but Picking has nothing to do with it
k ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they did not winterize any of the plants and they froze
  • The Helper The Helper:
    it is not that power consumption went up it was available capacity went down with power plants freezing
  • Varine Varine:
    What a fucking disaster. Are all of the Texas people okay? I see TH is, are we the only two?
  • Varine Varine:
    How have the other states held up? I just got power back so I have no idea what's going on, we didn't get warning
  • Varine Varine:
    Why the fuck didn't they fix this ten years ago when it happened?
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I'm in it with you and TH as well. My power has been in and out, and I have a ruptured pipe that I need to fix, shouldn't be too bad to fix myself.
  • Varine Varine:
    I hope you're staying warm! Apparently the supply is coming up so hopefully we can get back to normal power soon, mine has been on for six hours now.
  • M Mulciberxp:
    My power has been off most of the last 2 days. We had a generator installed 3 years ago though, so we're staying warm. Water is another issue...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Where I live has a pool so we are using that to get water to flush the toilets. We have enough bottled water to drink and brush teeth and stuff but it has been a few days and no shower though....
  • Varine Varine:
    I had some water in gallon jugs, and got our water back on yesterday. We don't seem to have any leaks, but I haven't crawled down there to look yet.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    still no water I cannot remember when I last showered now I know how they felt in the old west lol
  • Varine Varine:
    My poor plants are happy, they aren
  • Varine Varine:
    aren't used to going this long without water or lights or normal heat. I think a couple of them froze, but they look like they'll make it
  • Varine Varine:
    Well one of them is pretty rough but I think it was sick to begin with, that one always had some problems.
  • jonas jonas:
  • jonas jonas:
    ???
  • Ghan Ghan:
    That is such a Texas thing to say lol
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    a positive could come out of this. So many people trapped at home could put a dent in the covid numbers in Texas
  • Varine Varine:
    That dude, Tom Boyd, is really upset about the backlash from his "it's your fault you're freezing" thing because he claims he resigned before saying it, so it wasn't like he said it in his official capacity or anything.
  • jonas jonas:
    Almost as if he was saying "screw you guys, I'm going home"
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm fairly new here still but that seems to be the analogous message by several of our politicians.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Nobody?
  • jonas jonas:
    Hi vypur85, long time no see
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Hi vypur85, long time no see.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We are all somebody

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome