Cold area makes you cold

Aaronx

Reaction score
In a map im working on, im thinking about making it so that when you enter the frozen area, something pops up on your screen showing you... perhaps your body temperature or something.

Im sure alot of games have this, but one alot of people might have played would be FF 7. Sort of.

Any ideas on what the best way to accomplish this would be? Game Text? Menus?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
How about a multiboard displaying the body temperature.

Aaronx

Reaction score
can you display a multiboard to only people who are in that region, though? and have it disappear when they leave?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
I'd assume so, but you'll have to use localplayer. I'm not too familiar with jass, but if you search for displaying multiboards for a single player you should be able to find how to use it.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
there is a function with jass that allows displays for one player, but be careful when using displays like that, if you change saved data or units it will cause desyncs

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You can use
"If GetLocalPlayer() == Player then"
to show multiboards to only certain players
But you have the risk of desyncing the game, which happens if you create something for one player or something similar but not for others,
So
If you create the multiboards for all player and then hide them, and using the above method to just show/hide the boards you will be fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.