complicated dilemma I really need Help with, I have given a demo map.

Malli

Reaction score
Ok now i am going to ask a BIG favour. DiFm helped me out allot with the trigger he gave me about auto shop spawning. But now I am wanting something quite complication that all you elites will only know! I don't even know if this can be done, it is this:

The 2 teams (West side and East side), which are on separate ends of the map (obviously) will be making there way through 5 sets of gates/rooms, now the first room will be spawning 2 Crypt Fiends for each player on the opposing side, the players can upgrade there Town hall to upgrade the Crypt Fiends (Corresponding with the lvl) to give the opposite side a harder time. I have made 5 lvl's of Crypt Fiends and 5 lvl's of Town Halls. Now what I want to be able to do is, when they "Destroy" the first gate to move onto the second gate/room, I want the opponents Town Halls (Regardless of the lvl) to be replaced by a Keep lvl 1, which will now spawn my custom made Skeletons, and they lvl up with the corresponding lvl of the opposing sides Keep.

For example, East side has players 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, they all start with one Town Hall lvl 1 which spawn two level 1 Crypt Fiends (per player) to West side (in room 1). Player 7 upgrades to Town Hall lvl 2, so the west side will be getting eight lvl 1 Crypt Fiends and two lvl 2 Crypt Fiends.... Still with me? . So all players 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 carry on upgrading. <---- This I have done thanks to DiFm. But below is what I am asking :\

When West side go through to Gate/Room 2, I want it so all of the East side players Town Halls lvl (?) are replaced by Keeps level 1. The reason is because Skeletons spawn out of the Keep and I want gate/room 1 to be Crypt Fiends only and gate/room 2 to be Skeletons only then gate/room 3 to be Frost Wyrms only (which will require the Castle level 1, so when gate 2 is "Destroyed" it replaces the Keep level (?) with the Castle level 1.... for the corresponding team). The Creeps will spawn just in front of the gate and move towards the Generator (which when dies.... That team loses).

This is allot of numbers and I am questioning if it can even be done??... I will put your name in the Loading screen of the game (When its finally done) for anyone who helps me on this big request for help, and of coarse + rep

edit 1

I can get the Town hall to turn into a keep lvl 1 (but only for player red... need help for all allies of each team), but what I am really struggling with is makeing the Creeps Instantly move to a different region when the gate is Destroyed... Because the creeps appear in front of gate lvl 1 but when that gate is destroyed I want them to appear infront of gate 2.... I just cannot figure out the Trigger. Also I am quite puzzled on how to use the group regions...
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

Attachments

• Shop spawn test.w3x
    24.3 KB · Views: 84

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Sounds like all you need is a simple index.
For this you need a variable with an array of the size of number of Rooms, and type 'Unit - type'.
Then you set up your index at Map Init.

Code:
Event
Map Init

Actions
set SpawnUnit[1] = Crypt Fiend
set SpawnUnit[2] = Skeleton
set SpawnUnit[3] = Abomination
set SpawnUnit[4] = Sheep
set SpawnUnit[5] = Lord of Doom
..and so on..

Then you create a "Level" integer, that checks what "level" the creeps are on.

Code:
Event
Map Init

Actions
set CreepLevel[1] = 1
set CreepLevel[2] = 1    //One for each team (east and west)

Now your index is all set.
All you need to do is, when you spawn the creeps, you spawn them via this index. For example:

Code:
Event
A unit Enters Room 1 West <gen>

Action
For each Integer A 1 to 10 do actions:
set temppoint = Random Point in (Room 1 <gen>)
Create 1 [B]SpawnUnit[/B][CreepLevel[1]] for Neutral Hostile at temppoint facing 270.00 degrees
custom script   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)

Finally, you can increase the level of the creeps spawn easily. For example:

Code:
Event
Unit - A unit Finishes construction

Conditions
(Constructed structure) Equal to *West Town Hall Unit*

Actions
set CreepLevel[1] = ( CreepLevel[1] + 1 )

Obviously you need to make the triggers work for your map.
I hope that's what you need. :p

Malli

Reaction score
Hi Exide, Thanks for the reply! Your trigger(s) make really good sense to what I am trying to do.

But when did what you said and it crashed on me when I entered the room 1 Region.... and when i waited (never entered it) nothing happened, no spawns.... So I have been trying to merge your triggers with the ones I had (like the creeps appearing every 15 seconds etc).... But I think I went too far and messed it up even more. You see when the first gate is broken (or they enter a region in the second room) I want the creeps to spawn from room 2 instead of room 1, and of coarse every 15 seconds.... I'm not all that advanced as you guys you see :p. This is what I have done since doing your triggers (trying to make it work but doing the total apposite):

I kept the Creep Variable as it was just the same as SpawnUnit

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Creep[1] = Peon
        Set Creep[2] = Grunt
        Set Creep[3] = Raider
        Set Creep[4] = Tauren
        Set Creep[5] = Troll Headhunter
        Set Creep[6] = Demolisher
        Set Creep[7] = Kodo Beast
        Set Creep[8] = Wind Rider
        Set Creep[9] = Troll Batrider
        Set Creep[10] = Troll Witch Doctor
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Creep_lvl[(Integer A)] = 1

Code:
Untitled Trigger 005
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TownHall[1] = Town Hall 0003 <gen>

I was trying to make all town halls on the west side in one group and same for the east... Please don't laugh.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 003
    Events
        Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set PlayerGroup = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))
        Player Group - Pick every player in PlayerGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint = (Center of Change colour and move 1 <gen>)
                Unit - Create 2 Creep[Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Picked player))]] for (Picked player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Spawn_Point)
        Custom script:   call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup)

Trying my own thing here... Not making things better than they already was.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 004
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
        (Constructed structure) Equal to TownHall[1]
    Actions
        Set CreepLevel[1] = (CreepLevel[1] + 1)

In the Conditions bit, I was wanting all the Town Halls, Keeps and Castles for the West side in one group to fit in that sentience and then I would create a replica for east. But again I was struggling.

I don't know but I think this can only be done in JASS? (something I have never tried doing.... yet)
Thankyou Exide so far, and any upcoming help.
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I could take a look at your updated map and see what happens, if you like?

I found a few flaws in your triggers as well, try correcting them and see if tha helps:

Code:
        Set PlayerGroup = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))
            Loop - Actions
                Set [COLOR="Red"]TempPoint[/COLOR] = (Center of Change colour and move 1 <gen>)
                Unit - Create 2 Creep[[COLOR="red"]Creep_lvl[/COLOR][(Player number of (Picked player))]] for (Picked player) at [COLOR="red"]TempPoint [/COLOR]facing Default building facing degrees
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_[COLOR="red"]Spawn_Point[/COLOR])

If I got this trigger right, it means that Player 1 (Red) is going to have two Peons, while Player 10 is going to have two Troll Witch Doctors. - A bit unfair, don't you think?
Also, notice the parts that I've colored red. You're removing Spawn_Point, not 'TempPoint'.
And the 'Creep_lvl' variable doesn't have the same name as the variable in Untitled Trigger 004.

You might also want to set TownHall[2] as Town Hall 000* <gen>, in 'Untitled Trigger 005'.
And then you can move all the actions from 'Untitled Trigger 005' to 'Untitled Trigger 001', and delete '005'.

DiFm

Reaction score
Nah you read it wrong :p.

Its create Creep [ Creep lvl [number of picked player]]

if it would have been Create Creep [number of picked player]

it would have been as you said :p.

The replace wont work with the constructing Trigger since when you replace its not constructing, you need a unitgroup contains unit action. and i dont understand why they Have attack move to the region thats the opposite way they are headed if you wanna break down the gates.

You Only need 1 Initizialation trigger. Alot of the triggers you can shorten down to 1 instead

DiFm

Reaction score
Oke dont -rep me for double post coz you cant attach maps to edits atleast not what i know of.

Well I kinda figured the most things out except the part about it crashing every time you kill a creep or every time you is attacking a creep that will die since it crashes be4 the units die.

You said something about this when fiddling with Exide's triggers? are you sure you didn't have it be4? coz I remade almost all of the triggers and removed the rest there is no trigger that can start the crash what I can see :S. Exide could also take a look at this if he wants. coz I couldn't find the error.

Well I think I got what you meant so far as to what happens with the creeps when you get after you destroyed the first gate Keep1. I also don't know if west team and east team is working together or what so now I've made fixes for the West team only. the rest should work fine.

And I switched the creeps to a computer instead coz they don't run away. neutral does.

Edit: Since It always crashing I didn't took my time to fix all the leaks there are a few point and maybe some groups

Attachments

• Shop spawn test Version 1.w3x
    22.1 KB · Views: 103

DiFm

Reaction score
That last trigger Will Only remove the unit, not create a new unit.

And about importing it Make sure the Variables are right.

That trigger makes it so IF the Unit has a Hero its removed. And if the hero has no hero it creates a wisp.

So if you have a hero the hero is removed and its paned to the center but nothing will come up

Malli

Reaction score
Ok I just need some advice on this.... It is about the East side. here is the trigger:

Code:
Spawning Copy
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set PlayerGroup = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) [COLOR="Red"]<<-------- This bit here, What if I just want the West side to have this trigger and I will make a Copy for east side with there gates, I think this will have to change but I don't know what to.[/COLOR]
            Loop - Actions
                Set Spawn_Point = (Center of Region 040 <gen>)
                Unit - Create 2 Creep[Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Picked player))]] for Player 12 (Brown) at Spawn_Point facing Default building facing degrees
                Set Attackers = (Last created unit group)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Attackers and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0010 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 111 Copy 2 <gen>)
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 <gen>)
                                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 111 Copy 2 <gen>)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0009 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 Copy <gen>)
[COLOR="Red"]etc etc etc....[/COLOR]
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Attackers)

You see it says "All Players", but I just want it for West as the East players/Team have different gates and regions etc.
This may help below?

Code:
Teams
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to West
        Player Group - Add Player 2 (Blue) to West
        Player Group - Add Player 3 (Teal) to West
        Player Group - Add Player 4 (Purple) to West
        Player Group - Add Player 5 (Yellow) to West
        Player Group - Add Player 6 (Orange) to East
        Player Group - Add Player 7 (Green) to East
        Player Group - Add Player 8 (Pink) to East
        Player Group - Add Player 9 (Gray) to East
        Player Group - Add Player 10 (Light Blue) to East

This is the init player groups/Teams (For the Lose/Win message)... if we can use this?

If you want to see my map to get a better understanding just say and I will pm it to you.
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
You dont get the error That when you kill someone WC3 closes?

well a tip of advice is to optimize your triggers as much as you can.

If you can make it with one trigger then do so.

Like all those inizilation triggers they are only one time actions you can set all those action under one trigger.

LOL I Found whats wrong But I can't figure out why.

Everytime a unit dies by a HUMAN Hero WC3 Closes down so it seems something is fucked up with your Objects/object editor. Even the heroes you havnt Changed any values with will cause Wc3 to close. :S Never sen anything like it

Malli

Reaction score
That's weird, and whats weirder, it only happens with the test map. The "map in the making" works fine and never crashes o_O. well I will have a good go at these triggers. I should be able to do it, it doesn't seem that complex.
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
Oke well there you go anyway if its something you want help with a problem or optimizing a trigger pm me or anything Im always glad to help ppl.

And whenever you use a point its a leak. You should fix those so they dont get to many. coz then it might get unplayable after youve played for a while.

Malli

Reaction score
Ok thanks for that tip as I don't know much about leaks etc. I was wandering, from the last two triggers that I posted, could you help me with making the trigger available for each independent side? I cant find anything that will make it work.
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
You can choose force properties and set the ones who should be allied, I thinnk i did something like that in my demo map i gave you check it to see how they should be fixed.

are teamwest and team east allies or enemies? if they are enemies. you can do like this:

you dont need a 0.01 sec trigger all triggers you want in the start should be at the initizialtion trigger

WEll anyway Remove that trigger and on this line
Set PlayerGroup = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))to something like this.

Set PlayerGroup = (All allies of player red matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))

but what you want for the east team then? You could propably have them in the same triggers if i know what they should be doing. well anyway i get around to that tomorrow.

Malli

Reaction score
Ok thanks, and yes West and East are enemies. Baisically it will be the same for each side so it will be a "copy and paste" sort of thing but editing "allies of player red" to "all allies of player orange" instead. Thanks again. (Getting tired myself now).

You can only edit it to "allies of player 1 red" theres no option for matching player slot status after it....
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
WEll you need the matching condition.

and go to the bottom and take the and command and then make one condition it playing and the other its an ally of player 4.

It's easier to show it through a map. But im currently not at home, But to make it easier could you get me more triggers that you have problems witrh or need optimizing so i dont have to post so many demo maps. :)

Malli

Reaction score
Hi again, sorry I haven't replied in about 9 days now, had allot to do.

Ok now I will go through the dilemma and ill post the triggers.

The trigger that DiFm gave me works fine. But, I wanted that after a gate is broken the town hall upgrades to a keep etc etc (which works). Now I have 5 levels of each building, like Town hall lvl 1, then lvl 2, 3, 4 up to lvl 5. In turn it levels up the creep, now the town halls levels up the crypt fiends.... And I want the keep to level up the Skeletons (the skeletons start at lvl 1 when first gate is broken along with lvl 1 Keep) <--- well that's what I want to happen.

So basically no matter what lvl the Town hall is, when the first gate is broken it changes to a keep and the skeletons also are lvl 1.

For example,
Me (player 1 red) has a lvl 3 Town hall which spawns lvl 3 crypt fiends and the rest of my team has there own town hall at whatever level (up to 5). Now when the first gate is broken, the Town Hall lvl ?? gets replaced with a Keep lvl 1 but my newly spawned creeps are lvl 4 crypt fiends. What I want to happen is the creeps to be lvl 1 skeletons not just +1 to the creep_lvl variable.

I will show the triggers, as this will help:

Initialization:

Code:
Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Creep[1] = Crypt Fiend lvl 1
        Set Creep[2] = Crypt Fiend lvl 2
        Set Creep[3] = Crypt Fiend lvl 3
        Set Creep[4] = Crypt Fiend lvl 4
        Set Creep[5] = Crypt Fiend lvl 5
        Set Creep[6] = Skeleton Warrior lvl 1
        Set Creep[7] = Skeleton Warrior lvl 2
        Set Creep[8] = Skeleton Warrior lvl 3
        Set Creep[9] = Skeleton Warrior lvl 4
        Set Creep[10] = Skeleton Warrior lvl 5
        Set Creep[11] = Frost Wyrm lvl 1
        Set Creep[12] = Frost Wyrm lvl 2
        Set Creep[13] = Frost Wyrm lvl 3
        Set Creep[14] = Frost Wyrm lvl 4
        Set Creep[15] = Frost Wyrm lvl 5
        Set Creep[16] = Satyr Hellcaller lvl 1
        Set Creep[17] = Satyr Hellcaller lvl 2
        Set Creep[18] = Satyr Hellcaller lvl 3
        Set Creep[19] = Satyr Hellcaller lvl 4
        Set Creep[20] = Satyr Hellcaller lvl 5
        Set Creep[21] = Infernal lvl 1
        Set Creep[22] = Infernal lvl 2
        Set Creep[23] = Infernal lvl 3
        Set Creep[24] = Infernal lvl 4
        Set Creep[25] = Infernal lvl 5
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Creep_lvl[(Integer A)] = 1

Code:
Spawning
    Events
        Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Set Spawn_Point = (Center of Region 040 <gen>)
                Unit - Create 2 Creep[Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Picked player))]] for Player 12 (Brown) at Spawn_Point facing Default building facing degrees
                Set Attackers = (Last created unit group)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0010 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 Copy <gen>)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0009 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 Copy 2 <gen>)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0008 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 Copy 2 Copy <gen>)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Elven Gate (Vertical) 0007 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 040 Copy 2 Copy Copy <gen>)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Attackers)

Code:
Upgrading
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)

Bow this below is what I have been try9ing to change but I keep failing, remember I want the Keep lvl 1 to spawn skeletons lvl 1 regardless of what the Town Hall lvl was before the gate was destroyed.... here it just adds one to the creep_lvl.

Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 101 Copy 4 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)

Below changes the Town Hall whatever the lvl to a Keep lvl 1...

Code:
Gate Dies
    Events
        Destructible - Elven Gate (Vertical) 0010 <gen> dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Town_halls = (Units in Region 101 Copy 4 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Town_halls and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Keep 1 using The old unit's relative life and mana

If you require anymore info please say, I really want this sorting.
Thanks and Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
Sorry easy your trying to change the right trigger anyway :). Or you can change the other trigger that makes the Keep Join.

Set these lines in. (srry not at my real comp so handwritten)

Condition
triggering unit = Keep 1

Set Creep Lvl[player number of owner of triggering unit] = 6

that makes skeletons lvl 1

Malli

Reaction score
read back my old post and it seemed a little "snappy", sorry about that, I was frustrated :p.

Anyway, when you gave me that it seen super simple, I did it and it sort of didn't work but I will show you some ways I tried to change it:

Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 6

I re-read your post and changed it to this:

Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
    Conditions
        [COLOR="Red"](Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep 1[/COLOR]
    Actions

Still didn't work, so then I thought up this.... It doesn't work but that's because im still learning :p

Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep 1
            Then - Actions
                Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 5)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep 2
            Then - Actions
                Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 4)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep 3
            Then - Actions
                Set Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Creep_lvl[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 3)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
    and it goes on.....

The one above spawns creeps that should be after the 4th gate for some reason.... I thought it would work.

Oh and thanks for the help.... again.
Respect,

(*$malli$*)

DiFm

Reaction score
BTw when a gate crashes shall all 6 players go into Keep 1 or just the 3 players in team 1?

DiFm

Reaction score
Does that Spawning trigger really works?You Shouldn't Pick the unit several times Just set If then else commands inside the unitgroup loop. you only need one pick unit action.

Do you get your Keep 1 when its destroyed? coz then if you do it should work otherwise:

1. The region isnt covering up the Townhall's location.
2. the triger that checks that the gate is destroyed is bugged in some way.

I tried it and it worked this is the trigger. this will spawn the creeps you have put in Creep[6].

This is the trigger checking that gate is dead

Code:
Gate Dies
    Events
        Destructible - Demonic Gate (Vertical) 0001 <gen> dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Town_halls = (Units in Team 1 <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Town_halls and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Keep1 using The old unit's relative life and mana

The other trigger

Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
        [COLOR="Red"]Unit - A unit enters Team 1 <gen>[/COLOR]
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep1
    Actions

Btw you dont need the extra condition I realized it just take space up.

Just use this instead
Code:
Upgrading Test
    Events
        [COLOR="Red"]Unit - A unit enters Team 1 <gen>[/COLOR]
    Conditions
    Actions

If you want for all 6 players you just have to increase the redlighted region's size so it covers the other players townhall also.

Fuck srry double post :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.