Connectivity issue

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
In what seems to be a regular thing, my internet will be at 1 Mb/s download, and 1 Mb/s upload, in which I should be getting 20 or so Mb/s download, and 16 Mb/s or so Upload. Also, exactly after 8 PM, and lasting till about 9 AM, my internet will drop every minute, or shorter.

The issue is either the isp, or the modem, from the ISP, is dying. As it will stop sending at all in some periods, not letting me even connect to it myself at 192.168.100.1. This also happens to other computers in the household.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you ever get 20Mb/s? You're not confusing Mb with MB right?

Also does restarting your modem/router allow you to connect during those gaps?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, I never really pay much heed to the speed, all I know is I'm probably confusing the numbers. It's probably 12-15 or so MB's and not 20. So the upload would be 8-10 or so. I'm not one for memory, but all I remember is, I've NEVER had 1 per second, and less.

Restarting the Modem in that time will be the time it fixes itself to have the issue appear again. Restarting it also changes nothing.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Wired connection, and yes. Yet as far as I can see, it's not the router. As the times when there's a connection issue, the Send light blinks, when it should never blink.

sqrage

Reaction score
I'd try being directly plugged into the modem for ~1hr before 8pm and see if it still happens when the time is reached.

If it still happens I'd call your ISP.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Used an old modem I had and the issue was gone while using it, so it seems that it was indeed the modem. Going out to get one later on, but I've tested it about 10 times to be sure.

sqrage

Reaction score
Your ISP should replace the modem for you. At least that's how it works around here, ISPs provide modems.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I don't like going with what modems they produce, but I already know the method of getting your own modem that works with them, and how to get it working.

The download/upload speeds are normal again, yet my internet still acts weird exactly on, and after a certain time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.