Conquest - Work in progress (was: My New Map)

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I made a new map. I know it needs alot of work but really i need ideas. I want to keep it original while making it more interesting than it is now...

Map Name: Conquest
Version: 1.14a
Description: Buy units to both attack, and defend your base. Capture towers in the middle for an advantage along with some extra gold.
Suggested Players: 4~10 even teams
Objective: Destroy the other teams base while defending your own.
Author: Outbreak191

Rad

Reaction score
Its neat... A strange twist of an AoS and marine survivor (Without the surviving part). The runes in the center arent symmetrical which looks like you were in a rush to put something there though. I like how they choose thier own path too, is it random or is it set (First goes left, second goes center, third goes right, fourth goes left etc.)

Looks like fun I am going to try it online. One thing you should do, edit your first post to have all of these:

(You can use [highlight] tags to make them bright red)

----

I just tried it online... I was disappointed as the horde have an advantage. They do more damage and 1v1 they will win. Also the towers in the center are to powerful, for having 4 there at least.

There needs to be a shop, one person have 9 charges of 'thunder ammo' but I dont know how he got them (Wasnt a talker...)

Outbreak191

Reaction score
The runes spawn in random positions in the middle section every 30 seconds so they arnt meant to be symmetrical :)

Outbreak191

Reaction score
New version up with mainly bug fixes.
Rad said:
I just tried it online... I was disappointed as the horde have an advantage. They do more damage and 1v1 they will win. Also the towers in the center are to powerful, for having 4 there at least.

There needs to be a shop, one person have 9 charges of 'thunder ammo' but I dont know how he got them (Wasnt a talker...)

Actually the horde do exaclt the same damage, their hero is just a copied marine with a different model. You get ammo from killing enemies, I think theres about a 15% chance of ammo being created at an enemies corpse.
I dont want to put a shop in because the focus of this map never was the hero and that would encourage people to waste all their money on iems rather than units.
Also I have single hanidly taken back the middle with a level 3 marine before, just destroy one tower at a time from the sides and go back and heal if you need to.

Rad

Reaction score
Well unless you can level up, if I remember correctly they had at least 10 or 15 more damage.

I dont want to put a shop in because the focus of this map never was the hero and that would encourage people to waste all their money on iems rather than units.
Also I have single hanidly taken back the middle with a level 3 marine before, just destroy one tower at a time from the sides and go back and heal if you need to.

You should have a shop, there isnt enough you can do. When your unit gets close to the base you win (Which is pretty lame because you send 3 footmen then go in the middle and you win...) You should have to kill it, or plant a bomb like in Halo/Counterstrike etc.

As for the center towers, you know they arent really that important after playing it. Ive noticed the units all go along the diagonal pathways, about 1/4 take the outer edge or along an edge in the center. The runes are OK I guess but they overspawn if you dont touch them (I think, Ive seen 6 at least).

One other thing, you know the wyverns and stuff. I dont remember what they costed but the horde had a ton. It was early in the game they had at least 10... How come the other team can see them? Also how come you can kill it even if its the other teams?! You can use its spells, and it has a suicide spell... wtf?

Outbreak191

Reaction score
yeah that was a bug.... I fixed that in a newer version. And yes they can level (notice that the units are heroes).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.