[Contest] Official Christmas Spell Contest

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
This contest's theme is Ice.
Your ability must involve water in its solid physical state. However, what happens with this, or as a result of it, is completely up to you.

Apparently, this is the cause of such similar ideas :rolleyes:
Most people will think "water->ice" so ideas about 'freezing' will appear.
Mine's different though, the ice is raining upon people :D

I'm sure emjlr3 doesn't mind similarities, unless they are exactly the same (includes the similarities of the triggers/codes)

turok255

Reaction score
Similar spells im sure are allowed as long as you made it yourself, If the person using the JASS trigger though is good they will probably get more points in the end if they are that similar.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
My idea is completely subject to change... but to be honest I'd prefer not to have repeats. Maybe I can come up with a better idea for a spell, though.

R@i no Wyrm, have you already coded the spell and stuff? Did you already submit it? What exactly do you mean by "already made the spell"?

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
The theme is of the kind that is bound to have many similar skills....

rodead

Reaction score
no i think people almost use the same efects but there are tons in world editor that has something to do with ice efects look at the dodad section and that kind a stuff.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
@Pyrogasm
Maybe, maybe he meant that he already made the spell in a map, but haven't uploaded it yet, or have the spell in WIP, or, um, I don't know :D

> no i think people almost use the same efects but there are tons in world editor that has something to do with ice efects look at the dodad section and that kind a stuff.

So we can say that creativity and uniqueness play a lot in this spell contest.

Reaction score
So.. if a system requires two other systems, am I still allowed to use it? As I wrote the system for the spell I'm going to use in this contest.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
systems are just more code ffs, of course you can use them,
there is nothing "special" about systems that makes them more powerful than normal code. ( except when I write them ofc ;) )

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
My idea is completely subject to change... but to be honest I'd prefer not to have repeats. Maybe I can come up with a better idea for a spell, though.

R@i no Wyrm, have you already coded the spell and stuff? Did you already submit it? What exactly do you mean by "already made the spell"?

I've done the triggering but I haven't found a good model for the buff...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
This is bad, I was thinking of a similar spell.... now i need to change it :(
Since my codes would be in GUI, and will lose out in terms of coding

not necessarily, you could indeed lose a few points, however, there are more then enough ways for you to make those up, and still beat out a JASS spell

Apparently, this is the cause of such similar ideas :rolleyes:
Most people will think "water->ice" so ideas about 'freezing' will appear.
Mine's different though, the ice is raining upon people :D

I'm sure emjlr3 doesn't mind similarities, unless they are exactly the same (includes the similarities of the triggers/codes)

indeed
I think where most of the sim is in the type of abillities, as far as I know, every ability has been active instant cast, I have seen no auras, no passives, no channeling, etc.

@Pyrogasm
Maybe, maybe he meant that he already made the spell in a map, but haven't uploaded it yet, or have the spell in WIP, or, um, I don't know :D

> no i think people almost use the same efects but there are tons in world editor that has something to do with ice efects look at the dodad section and that kind a stuff.

So we can say that creativity and uniqueness play a lot in this spell contest.

you bet

So.. if a system requires two other systems, am I still allowed to use it? As I wrote the system for the spell I'm going to use in this contest.

wtf system is that?
the only systems you can use are attachment systems, everything else aids in your spell making, no attachment system requires additional fluff

Reaction score
Hold your horses emjlr3, no need to get angry..

Knockback System is written by me. I made it as I needed knockback for my spell.. but it turned out as a system.

turok255

Reaction score
I think where most of the sim is in the type of abillities, as far as I know, every ability has been active instant cast, I have seen no auras, no passives, no channeling, etc.

Mine started out to be a channeling spell but then if you moved it kept doing the spell and every time I tried to make it stop the trigger when you move the hero it bugged so I just made it disable other spells.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Hold your horses emjlr3, no need to get angry..

Knockback System is written by me. I made it as I needed knockback for my spell.. but it turned out as a system.

Ye you are absolutely right, if people can use the whole damn caster system,
then someone using their own small library is by all means OK.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
caster system is defff not allowed

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Snowballs,how cliché

WIP time :) I attached both the map and the screenshot,cause I don't know how do those image-upload-the-put-it-into-a-tag-or-some-url things work sry :eek:

EDIT:Maybe I should have actually said something about the spell lol 0_o
It's a snowball.And it deals damage.Well not yet but it will deal damage.So it deals damage to units it comes in contact with.Maybe each unit can be hit once per cast maybe ones per second [get out of the way :D],don't know yet.And it also fires some icy shard things form behind,which also should deal damage,but don't.No worries,they will,someday.And there's more,but it's not even begun with,so no screwing the surprise.

EDIT2:
Maybe i should also point out a few things:
I know it's not levelable.
I know it's a unit ability.
I know it shouldn't be.
And I know all the things that you could point out (xept the leaks lads ;))

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
WIP
Cool Whip
(or Cool HHwHHip for those of you who watch Family Guy)

Description: Summons a magical tentacle made of ice particles that whips back and forth in a conical/enlarging sine wave shape (I'm not sure what you'd call this shape). The Hero cannot move nor attack nor cast any spells while the whip is active, but the Hero CAN turn and rotate in order to aim the whip. Units that are hit by the whip take damage and are slowed.

Currently coded in GUI and is MPI only. I hope to make it in JASS and make it MUI by the deadline.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well i have 2 ideas.

First is a tree that shoots ornaments out, more depending on level, that slow. Then at the end, the star on the top of the tree shoots up, grows bigger, and splits into 5 shards that fall onto the ground, dealing units if they are hit. After about 1 second the shards explode in an icy blast. Point target (Where tree is made)

Other is a giant wreath is summoned, out of trees, larger circle depending on level. Each tree will be summoned at about .4-.3 seconds, less time depending on level, and once a full circle is made, a blizzard then rages inside the circle, damaging all units inside. (Blizzard is Frost Nova effects, Blizzard, and some more). Units cannot escape the circle, either, once the full circle is made. Is channeling only when circle is being made.

Both ideas set to improve.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
DrinkSlurm said:
WIP
Cool Whip
(or Cool HHwHHip for those of you who watch Family Guy)

Description: Summons a magical tentacle made of ice particles that whips back and forth in a conical/enlarging sine wave shape (I'm not sure what you'd call this shape). The Hero cannot move nor attack nor cast any spells while the whip is active, but the Hero CAN turn and rotate in order to aim the whip. Units that are hit by the whip take damage and are slowed.

Currently coded in GUI and is MPI only. I hope to make it in JASS and make it MUI by the deadline.

Now there is a damn cool idea I wish I'd thought of...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.