[Contest] Official Tower Contest - 3rd Edition (Now With Award Freshness)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> No problem with it right?

Doesn't sound like it.
You should be good. :D

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Is every tower going to be added to one map at the end so that people who vote can download it and make their vote after seeing the towers in action? Or is everyone going to be voting based on screenshots and descriptions? (because I doubt anyone will download every single map)

edit: ok, that's fine, just needed to know (responding to below post)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is every tower going to be added to one map at the end

I wasn't really planning on it.

I will look at all of the towers, though.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
School starting, I cant manage to finish the adjustment for the tower.
I'll pull out from now. Sorry.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Orb of Talos

TowerOK.jpg

I decided to make a video of my tower in action, since a screenshot or the above description doesn't quite capture it. Here it is: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=J0inxoTfrI4
It didn't embed so I just linked it.​

This is a tower that any TD could use with no evil gimmicks and uses a unique attack that I have never seen done before. It also doesn't upgrade because I personally dislike TDs with upgrades, and prefer variety of towers and combinations, an example being Burbenog TD.

FFMaster

Reaction score
ok ive made my own tower, the Chaos Tower. This tower has can produce a random effect every time it attacks.

Attachments

• Chaos Tower.w3x
    33.5 KB · Views: 215

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>@emootootoo
You may post a youtube video by using the youtube tag.
Code:
[/noparse][youtube]MovId[/youtube][/noparse]

And, if you let Cohadar look in to your code, he may immediately disqualify your entry.
Yes, it is true. If Coh is the judge of this contest.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
K then I'll change it back to cscache, only changed it to abc (obviously never used it before) to check something and didn't change it back.

There, changed it.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
if I act fast I may still have an opportunity to make something worthwhile, replacing my old poo tower.....don't keep your fingers crossed

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
The Enchanted Tower​

Abilities:

Triple Damage, Lightning, Extra (Just an extra ability i made for fun, but it is still triggered)​

• 1 normal ability (Non-triggerd)
  • 2 triggerd abilities

Have fun :D

Attachments

• Enchanted Tower ~ by T3rm1nat0r.w3x
    36.4 KB · Views: 218

C0mput3r

Reaction score
Parasite Tower

A Tower with biological abilities and the pure natrural need to survive, it will do absolutely anything to accomplish it's plans.

It all started with the skill Parasite....
I'm not sure if any of the spells in my tower are similar to spells in Parasite2.w3x and if it is, I've never played Parasite in my life. I think its like Vampism so hopefully no tower abilities right?

Advantages: Able to mass towers to use as shields against attackers, therefore useful in not only tower defenses.
Has a medium-long range (1000-2000).

Disadvatages: Most skills (triggered ones) not MUI:( due to JASS inability from me.
Can't hit magic immune (well in this map i took away the magic immunities)

When testing the map look into the quests, there are commands in there^^
Hmmmm i have 10 Screenshots ready in bmp or tga format, however, the insert image requires an Http?

Attachments

• Tower Contest Test Map.w3x
    53.4 KB · Views: 232

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I joined this contest for a reason, to flex my modding skills after that 2 month absence from Nov to Dec., so, here it is. Enjoy!!

Thunder Spire

A powerful tower enchanted with lightning. It's attacks are devastating, but, as a rule, the attack damage dealt on each attack is totally random.

The first tower, Lightning Spire, which can be built, can be upgraded into a Thunder Spire, which has the Static Field ability.

Abilities

Chain Lightning (Passive)
Each of the two towers can have a 15% chance of attacking units with Chain Lightning, the damage dealt is the maximum damage of the tower, and it's multiplied 2x on the initial target to get a more devastating effect.
Charged Shock (Passive)
The same as Feedback, only more powerful.
Static Field (Thunder Spire Ability)
Static Field shocks nearby enemy creeps and reduces their hit points to 1/3 of their current hitpoints!! A classic spell in Diablo 2.

Only Chain Lightning and Static Field are triggered and coded into GUI and it's leak-free but not yet MUI so cast those spells after a few sec.

Attachments

• Tower Contest - Thunder Spire.w3x
    33.1 KB · Views: 211

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Prisma Tower

Prisma Tower

Description:
First the tower must charge energy from nearby towers. When enough prisma energy is acquired, tower will begin to fire high powered rays of prisma.

Aite so heres the deal, I will upload the video to YouTube soon so you can watch it without opening map. Enjoy :)

Mint Chocolate
Red Bull
Devil Dog
Life Saver

Vote for me and good things will happen.

rodead

Reaction score
My entrie

Oke since i had no time left my entrie is very fucked up but hope you guys like it this tower is the best with a slow tower next to it!

MUI: No
Leakless: Yes

Note: This is Important Due to it isn't MUI you only can buildt one Tower if you build more the spell could be bugged!

Attachments

• Tower Contest Test Map.w3x
    33.6 KB · Views: 219

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the last day.

I didn't hear enough to warrant an extension.

So, if you want to submit, I'll give you about 10 more hours to do so.
Hurry up! :p

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Today is the third.

Hmm... yes, I know that.
Depending on where you are, you may have had today to finish. :p

But as of now, the contest is closed.
The voting will be up sometime in the near future....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.