Couldn't get a better title.

Zimm

Reaction score
I have a really nasty headache that gets worse in the light, does anyone here know something to do in the dark?

Tried solitaire, its boring.

Reaction score
w/e....Wow you just had to put out the whole -rep cause i can situation didnt you....It was a joke. Maybe you dont get it. Some will...:mad:

Curuinor

Reaction score
Turn brightness on monitor down. Don't turn contrast down: that only reduces color differentiation. Just turn brightness down; maybe go to 6300k display.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Go buy a noise machine and/or relaxation tapes and meditate. Self Hypnosis. Use incense or scented candles. LOL - practice the Buddha.

Tonks

Reaction score
Go buy a noise machine and/or relaxation tapes and meditate. Self Hypnosis. Use incense or scented candles. LOL - practice the Buddha.

"When you have nothing to do; do Buddhism!"

Haha, but really I suggest you get light-filtering contacts.

Reaction score
I usually would listen to music, till I fall asleep :D

Or you can get one of those little water Fountain things and put in your room. Those things are soothing and calming.

Tonks

Reaction score
such things exsist? how much do they cost?

i would suggest sleep and going outside to build a amunity.

Immunity*

Yea, my parents were thinking about getting them for me, because my eyes are Photosensitive, and it got really bad at one point. I'm not sure how much they cost, a good deal more than regular ones, though. Not worth it unless you truly need it.
All they do is block out more UV-rays, making things a little darker and preserving your vision a bit more.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be looking at your monitor in a dark room, it screws with your eyes, you should really turn a light on..

And take an aspirin.

Rad

Reaction score
I get the same thing

Very often

Aye, take an aspirin and a nap... Its something to do with my spine I dont know about your case. Dont ask, its in my neck, i broke something when i was young now i got 2 adams apples and i get headaches often (Well, migrains, very bad ones where the areties [whatever, where you check your pulse lol] in my neck start to pulse painfully...)

probrably not the same thing as me, but yeah... Aspirin helps alot, i usually take 4 at a time of extra strength which is really overdoing it. But thats only when it hurts bad. Aspirin doesnt make it feel like its gone it actually fixes it

Its the pain that makes it worth, it aggrovates itself and ...yea

But thats not my eyes so wtf am i going on about

Stop staring at your screen! I never do, and then i get headaches all night. It sucks. I can never get comfortable in my bed :(

LOL MERCCHRIS!

roflrofl

edit~i dont really have 2 adams apples, i got my normal one then one of the bones in my spine came detached and hangs out from the rest about 2 inches. Cant notice it unless im looking up though

Never bothers me, but gives me headaches

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Does the light always hurt your eyes, or is it just now, because of your headache?

My eyes are sensitive to the light, and I have a few ideas, that have worked for me.

Wear a hat or Sweatshirt (with a hood). Then cover up the sun from your eyes so that it's not directly shining into your eyes.

Look at the ground more, or sit with your back to the sun.

If you have glasses, try to get the kind that darken when it's bright. It helps a bunch. If not, then buy a pair of sunglasses.

Don't live in AZ, like me. :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Take two Ibuprophin or pain killer, DON'T USE YOUR EYES!!! If its sinus related, it'll reduce swelling, making the headache from hurting

If its an eyeache, then it'll relax your eyes enough.

If it still hurts, you might want to contact your doctor, cause it might be something nasty.

Zimm

Reaction score
Does the light always hurt your eyes, or is it just now, because of your headache?

My eyes are sensitive to the light, and I have a few ideas, that have worked for me.

Wear a hat or Sweatshirt (with a hood). Then cover up the sun from your eyes so that it's not directly shining into your eyes.

Look at the ground more, or sit with your back to the sun.

If you have glasses, try to get the kind that darken when it's bright. It helps a bunch. If not, then buy a pair of sunglasses.

Don't live in AZ, like me. :)

It's just 'cuz of the headache..
Well, I ve got it under control w/ pain killers with a weird name.
and i use : :shades:

Edit: Thx all for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.