Create units using GetLocalPlayer() and not desyncing?

Darkrider

Reaction score
Well... the tittle is kinda self-explanatory :p

I want to know how can i do (or if it is possible) to create units using GetLocalPlayer() (owned not only by local player). Move them, remove them and not desyncing

Side note: Im not a jasser :/

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What do you mean ?
Creating units only visible for certain players ?

Well, the creating part isn't possible, though I'm not entirely sure, but I think hiding them for local player is possible :S
(I'm about to test this as soon as my friend comes online :D)

Komaqtion

Reaction score
@ TriggerHappy: Will simply hiding the unit desync ? :S
Like this:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Hero Chooser for (Player((Integer A))) at TempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
    • Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(bj_lastCreatedUnit) then
    • Unit - Unhide (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: endif

?

Reaction score
@ TriggerHappy: Will simply hiding the unit desync ? :S
Like this:

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it does. It feels like I have tried that before and it desync'ed (or didn't work).

Komaqtion

Reaction score
But are you sure that setting it's size to 0 will work ?
In that case, it's better to be "safe than sorry" XD

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Hide desyncs if something tries to attack it or it tries to attack something.

if it doesnt do anything to other units then it should be fine

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, it did desync :(
Or, would it matter if I, instead of hiding it and then unhiding it for the players I want, I hide it for the players I want ?

Igor_Z

Reaction score
So why it desyncs? Can some 1 tell me for what should he use GetLocalPlayer() function? Only for changing tinting/vertexing colors and weather effects? I only use it there. I tried to turn off trigger only for a local player = desyncs. I tried to hide the unit - Also desyncs. As for the creator of this thread plz more info of what you want. I think I can help

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If it affects gameplay someway it desyncs obviously. Doing visual stuff like scaling units or changing vertex color is fine, though.

What T.s.e suggested, should work, but if game in somepoint finds out that units are different type, it desyncs. For example, if units have different damage, or health or something. In one computer your unit gets killed by a spell, but in some other players computer it lives because it has more health.

It might just work if units are nearly identical and you avoid GetUnitType usage.

I dont really know, you should test it.

Darkrider

Reaction score
ok here is more explained what i want to accomplish

i want my heroes NOT to have minimap icon display (done)
But i want to create a dummy unit with hero minimap display for those who can actually see the player. So if the hero is in fog only allies will see it. i tried hidding the units but it desyncs like crap... and also tried removing them. But somehow it also desyncs (my units are invulnerable, have no collition, no model, no attacks enabled and i move them along with the hero as it walks... here is the last thing i tried... if anybody can take a look at it it would be cool ^^

Attachments

• Testing invis adv.w3x
    36.4 KB · Views: 89
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.