Creep Location Dots

Sivert

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering about a couple of things.

When you usually place creeps on a map they appear as an orange dot if the total level of creeps in that spot is above 10 level together, and a red dot when 20 levels etc.. I've seen this being disabled (in a lack of better words), and just turn into small, neat and perfect green dots as if the level of creeps at the spot were below 10. Now I've realized that if you spawn creeps with triggers in game (no matter how high level) it won't turn other than green, but I'm wondering if spawning creeps in game would have any effect on the creep revival system (if you modify it to a time elapsed event instead of map "Map initialization"? And if it does (or even better), how can I reset so that creep locations turn out small, neat and green?

Heres the illustration:

The Spawn trigger
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 3 Storm Wyrm for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 028 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )

And the creep revival:
Code:
Creep Revival
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds [COLOR="DarkRed"](or something..)[/COLOR]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set LoopCreep = 0
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Creep_Types[LoopCreep] = (Unit-type of (Picked unit))
                Set Creep_Positions[LoopCreep] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to LoopCreep
                Set LoopCreep = (LoopCreep + 1)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(bj_lastCreatedGroup)

Code:
function Trig_Revive_Creeps_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean //added
return ( IsUnitType(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_SUMMONED) == false )//added
endfunction//added

function Trig_Revive_Creeps_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local integer CUSTOM
set CUSTOM = GetUnitUserData(GetDyingUnit())
call TriggerSleepAction( udg_Hostile_Revive_Time )
call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_Creep_Types[CUSTOM], Player(PLAYER_NEUTRAL_AGGRESSIVE), udg_Creep_Positions[CUSTOM], bj_UNIT_FACING )
call SetUnitUserData( GetLastCreatedUnit(), CUSTOM )
endfunction

//====================================================================== =====
function InitTrig_Revive_Creeps takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Revive_Creeps = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEventSimple( gg_trg_Revive_Creeps, Player(PLAYER_NEUTRAL_AGGRESSIVE), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Revive_Creeps,Condition(function Trig_Revive_Creeps_Conditions))//added
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Revive_Creeps, function Trig_Revive_Creeps_Actions )
endfunction

K

Kerberos

I believe that under Advanced - Game Interface - Models, there is "Minimap - Creep Camp (Large)," and changing that value to the value of "Minimap - Creep Camp (Small)" will turn big red dots into small green dots. I can't figure out how to make creep camps appear on my maps, though, so I can't test it.

Sivert

Reaction score
I tried copying the same model with no effect, but I'll just do the spawn thing after 1 second in game. I haven't seen any errors with the respawn yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.