Other Custom Melee Wars v0.1

J

JacobSijsma

Hello i am Jacob.

I am creating a map for warcraft 3... its theme is quite a differance compared to most maps.

Its a melee map but then customized, meaning that hero's level is maxed to 50, and (some) skills to level 6 so far, allso new units has been added to each race.

There's 2 teams, one on each side, allso 2 computer players are standard since they hold the gate's for a while.

I takes quite a while to tell you what i made already.

Units and other Objects:

quite some custom units already, the extra units from races... not only Orc, Human, Undead and night elf; but allso Fel orcs and Naga is coming.
You have the abillity to pick Vampire (Inspired by Vampirism) aswell... so i kinda infused a unique gameplay between a melee map and a scenario map.
Vampires can't build though.

There's allso a Race tavern where you can buy standard but allso unique (New) races for 10000 gold.

I made an Elemental Research center for neutral passive aswell, but i didn't do anything with it yet so i might aswell delete it.

Triggers, Scripts and Events:
Note that i dont use Jass, but standard "Drag drop" alike triggers.

There's a starting cinematic, coded on a really crappy way in the days that i still kinda sucked... but i'm not afraid of leaks since this animation only plays once, This follows by a Dialog box with some buttons:.

• NightElf
  • Human
  • Undead
  • Orc
  • Vampire

The standard not chosen Peon will then be replaced by the king of choice, Malfurion for nightelf, Some knight for human, A deathknight for Undead, and Thrall for the orcs. Each king is a strength hero without abillity's, they are all mounted. The kings are then able to build there town center for the race,

Except for vampire who isn't able of building anything yet.
( As of anything that's not yet there it might be changed in the near future )

I've allso made buttons for player 1 who is able to choose the game settings,

when events start
after:

• 1 minute
  • 2 minute's
  • 5 minute's
  • Directly enable (does not work yet)
  • Disable Events

After that player 1 is able to choose how frequently events occur:
Each:

• 60 seconds
  • 120 seconds
  • 240 seconds
  • Skip (If disabled)

Things that needs to be done:
New things to be added
Things to be modify'd.
Things to be tested (or don't work yet).
(Idea's are welcome).

• Event's:
    I got 3 random working event's already wich are: ,Inferno rain, Bandits from the east, Felguard's from hell.
    The event Timer to show up in a LeaderBoard.
  • Teams balancing, Leaking Issue's:
    I've barely tested if spawn position works properly for a player different then red, so for now i have to asume it doesn't work yet
  • Unit and other Objects:
    I allready made some units for the races (They might be to strong or to weak, so i need Idea's).
    There's a vampire you can choose, It might be to powerfull... also new stuff needs to be added.

Finally:

I'm gonna post some screenshots "Soon", but first i'm gonna host this map on filefront so you guys can take a look at it.

http://files.filefront.com/Custom+Melee+Wars+v01w3

Note: You can look at the map in the world editor and ingame, but:
[[DO NOT MODIFY YET]]
I want people to help me with this map of mine but i can't assure you multiple people work on the same map at once, I'm gonna post some things that i want to be changed soon aswell... please if you do don't script in Jass since i want to be able to check the code myself, You don't need to code much... creativity is a good donation for my map aswell. I advice you not to start building seriously in this map of mine since not really many things changed and there's not a working AI yet, and probably never will be.
If you want to check the changes i made the fastest way is to check it inside the world editor.

If your interested in modifying my map, I'd gladly want you to send me a pm.

Thank you.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun unique map. These can be pretty fun btw. Try to not rush your map keep it at a steady pace, and get all the bugs you can out before you release your first MAIN version.

J

JacobSijsma

Sounds like a fun unique map. These can be pretty fun btw. Try to not rush your map keep it at a steady pace, and get all the bugs you can out before you release your first MAIN version.

@first sentence that's what i thought =D.

And yea i know, some things might be rushed but still that's wy its still 0.1,
meaning that this map is Barely playable... at the moment there are only Few bugs and things i need to change, The rest i want is adding new stuff.

Like the event timer, doesn't show up in the leaderboard... its because i didn't make it that way, its just a timer like how it is. If someone would take the time to make stuff like that for me i would be happy.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Im SOOOO mad at you right now. Shame on you.

I'm doing the exact same project right now.

Though I wish you luck and hope you atleast got some unique races. Mine will be anyways.

J

JacobSijsma

Im SOOOO mad at you right now. Shame on you.

I'm doing the exact same project right now.

Though I wish you luck and hope you atleast got some unique races. Mine will be anyways.

Lets not be working on 2 differant maps... I have done much on my map, but there are some things that i don't want to be there, and some things are bugged, i'd like to work on just 1 map.

So maybe i can help you with your map... i have posted in a similair thread for a custom melee map, *Gash everyone is stealing my idea.

Just let me know if you need some idea's ^^.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.