Custom Pathing maps?

MP®

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is easy to make custom pathing maps? And how can this be done?

I have a custom 'door' unit model, which when it's closed, units should not be able to see through. When it's open, units must be able to walk (and obviously see) through.

I now use the magical pen pathing map for the closed version, this fits perfectly for the walkable part, and it works partially for the seeing part: only when units are not standing very close to it, they can not see through. But when they stand closer, they can...

For the open version I now use no pathing map, which works pretty much, but it looks a bit ugly when they walk through the ends, where the doorposts (? - not sure how it's called in english) are...

So I want to create an own pathing map - if it's not too hard.. Does anyone know how this can be done?

cheers

Ok I just found this tutorial http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

I'll try it out. But there's one thing I still don't understand: how about the sightrange? Or is that purely the occluder height, combined with the size of the pathing map or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.