damage effect with no damage

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm not sure, test it out yourself ;)
Othervise, use the Modify Unit effect, and make it modify the vitals by 9.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
It isnt working, +9 or -9, the unit still deals 9 damage
I'm trying to make an absorb effect

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
well, it's very simple: the enemy unit must heal 9 hitpoints when the -9-damage-effect has been inflicted

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I am lost - let say there are 2 units, the attacker and the target - who would have this ability? is this active? passive? does this change the damage amount by 9 (reducing damage by 9), or does it change the damage dealt to -9, regardless of the original attack damage?

X-maul

Reaction score
uhm - well you cant heal with a damage effect. You can use a modify unit effect to heal the 9 hitpoints instead. You can set the effect of a weapon to a modify unit effect, if that's what you are trying to do.

If not, please explain what you want to do. Not what you want the effect to do, but what the ability, you are trying to make, should do? (Create a shield that absorbs, send a missile to a target unit and heal and so on...)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
alright what I want to do is the next thing:

(I changed a few things though)

- the stalker has a basic damage of 20
- if a protoss wave comes it must NOT deal any damage, but heal 5 hitpoints (25%)
- so some waves of creep has the ability absorb and can take hitpoints of their race it's weapons

This is because if a player ONLY make stalkers, he/she will lose when protoss waves arriving
The same thing counts with my hydralisk-tower and marine-tower etc...

protoss -125% damage to protoss
terran -125% damage to terran
zerg -125% damage to zerg

I gave the creeps a behavior zerg - terran - protoss depending the race they are
In the start of the game, only critter waves are coming

Am I clear now?

X-maul

Reaction score
To do this, you will have to use a switch effect, this is an effect which can have multiple outcomes depending on the validators (Just like an if/then/else action).

For this to work, you will have to make a validator that checks if the unit is protoss type. The easiest way to do this, would be to make all protoss units have a buff behavior (hidden) with no modifications (only to check if it's protoss).

Then create a validator of the type Unit Compare Behavior Count, and make it check for the protoss behavior you just made. Set the Compare field to Equal To. Set the Value to 1.

Then copy - paste the validator you just made, and make set the Compare field to Not Equal To.

Now go make a Switch Effect and go to Cases +. Create two cases, one being the damage effect of your weapon, set the validator with the compare field set to Not Equal To. Set the other case to the Modify Unit effect, and the validator the the other validator.

Now last, but not least, remember to set the effect for your weapon, which was normaly the damage effect, to your new switch effect.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
this looks a little complicated, do I need 1, 2 or 6 validators?

and do I have to place only one validator in an effect or more?

you said I must make 1 validator equal to and another with not equal to

In which one do I have to place the behavior?

X-maul

Reaction score
There are two validators, both check for the protoss behavior. One checks if it's there (Equal to) and another one checks if it's not there (Not equal to).

This is so that if the unit has the behavior, it will be healed, if not, it will be damaged.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.