Deactivateable spells

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to make spells that are deactivateable, or can be activated twice kinda. The best example I can think of is from DotA, the Ancient Apparition's ultimate where you target a point and he shoots out a missile in that direction. It then replaces the button for his ultimate with another button that will stop the missile and nuke it shortly thereafter, and pressing that returns his original ultimate button.

I've tried doing it with Channel and Blizzard, putting in icons for Turn Off, order strings for Deactivate and Turn Off, etc. and I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help me out here?

ultimate11

Reaction score
Use immolation set all skills value to 0.Then you can use it like a mask ,active and deactive button.Rest of trigger about spell depend on your purpose.

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mention it in my original post but I want it to target something, either a unit or an area. Immolation would work fine, but it only does self spells. Any other ideas?

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
I'm failing to see how immolation helps if I want the ability to target something, could you explain more? The add/remove abilities trick might work though...

Smitty

Reaction score
Ah, I see, you want a spell which actually gives you a chance to aim it at something. In that case just add/remove.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You can make a whole bunch of abilities "Deactivatable" like divine shield, blade storm, etc. There is a list of these spells in the game constants where there are boolean statements to set the abilities to "can be deactivated == false", setting this to true allows heroes to switch these spells off.

I do believe these spells are not point targeted spells.

To have a targeted spell that can be disabled my suggestion is to use any channeling spell and your trigger would be "Starts channeling" and "Finishes Channeling"

Alternatively, what I've done in the past is when a unit uses the "on" ability that ability is removed and the "off" ability is added to the unit. and visa versa

Hope this helps

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Look for the Tinker's ability Engineering Upgrade. This allows you to replace an ability with another. Make one of the fields replace a point-targeted ability (you can base this off whatever you like) with an instant ability (same here).

When a unit casts the point-targeted ability, add the Engineering Upgrade ability inside a disabled spellbook. (Help can be found here) When the second ability is cast, remove the disabled spellbook.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.