Death Knight spells, a few questions.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Hi thar! I'm making a sort of RPG or AoS style map (depends on what game mode the host choses) and I've made quite a few heroes now and the most complicated by far is the Death Knight and I now have a few questions.

First of here's the info about the hero (I want some opinions on the theme):

Editors note: Since I hate DK's in both WCIII and WoW I've made him very WCII like (imported the soundset, which is the most imbah soundset EVER) and made him a caster. Anyways here goes:

Description:

The Death Knights, sent here to deliver death's will. Stand before them and you'll soon feel their darkness pulling you further and further away from the warmth of the living. To gaze upon such a dark entity is to stare right into abyss. Yet, before them, before the greatest of evil, there was Lord Teron Gorefiend. Most powerful of them all. He is said to be the ruler of the dead, master of the damned. Entire armies has been seen dragging themselves to their feet again in just the bare presence of this Lord, the darkest of dark. He is darkness incarnated, he is the end of the world of the living.

Learns:
Death Coil
Soul Rip
Necromantic Summoning
Descecration

Agility 18 + 1.5/lvl
Intelligence - 30 + 3.5/lvl
Strength 19 + 1.5/lvl

All heroes on my map each have a class specific that they start with, these are almost always passive and when they aren't they are heavly based on triggers to make them scale with the progression of the hero.

Unholy Aura

Spells targeted at units under the effect of Unholy Aura will have additional effects.

Soul Rip: The target will stunned for .75 seconds.

Death Coil: The Death Coil will heal the Death Knight for half of the damage/healing done.

Necromantic Summoning: Healing a Skeletal Mage under the ecceft of Unholy Aura with Death Coil will cause them to deal additional spell damage for 5 seconds.

Abilities:

Death Coil:

Teron calls forth a coil of death that can damage an enemy unit or heal a friendly unit, deals damage equal to an amount half of what the spell heals + Teron's Intellect times 1.

Unholy Aura: The Death Knight is healed to an amount equal to half of what the Death Coil damaged/healed if the target is under the affect of Unholy Aura.

Level 1 - Heals for 200 hit points.
Level 2 - Heals for 400 hit points.
Level 3 - Heals for 600 hit points.

Soul Rip:

The Death Knight rips the soul of the target, dealing damage to it and healing himself. The spell is enhanced by an amount equal to 2 times the Death Knights intelligence.

Unholy Aura: The target of the rip will be stunned for .75 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 damage/heal
Level 2 - 150 damage/heal
Level 3 - 200 damage/heal

Necromantic Summoning:

Summons a skeletal mage which has the ability to raise dead soldiers, and cast Ebon Plague which deals inital damage and then damage over time, slows the target for the durotation. The Mage is uncontrollable but will follow Teron and protect him, when the Death Knight casts a spell on a enemy target the Skeletal Mage will cast his Ebon Plague on that target, the Plague has a 7 seconds cooldown.

Unholy Aura: Healing the Skeletal Mage when he is under the effect of Unholy Aura with Death Coil will cause him to deal additional damage with his Ebon Plague spell for 5 seconds. The additional damage is based on the Death Knights intelligence times the level of Necromantic Summoning.

Level 1 - Weak Skeletal Mage
Level 2 - Modrate Skeletal Mage
Level 3 - Poweful Skeletal Mage

I am still working on his ultimate, it will be a sort of AoE based on Flame Stirke and all units who die within the area will be raised as Skeletal Mages, this will have a massive Cooldown considering if the DK is skilled with it he might get about 10 skeletal mages who will all cast Ebon Plague which will pretty much one-shot everything...

Anywho, what I'm wondering now is if Shadow Strike spells overwrite eachother? Since I have another spell based on Shadow Strike and the Ebon Plague will also be based on it so I'm wondering if an enemy will be able to have them both on? Yes, I have different custom made buffs for the spells and all that ofc but one never knows.

Anyways leave opinions on the hero and please get back to me about the buffs. :)

/Anderzzon

==================

EDIT: Typos...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, the skills are almost the basic vanilla skills but a little polished, still simple doesnt need to be bad.

this hero got alot of "heal yourself" skills i believe he would be hard to kill, he got to have little str and armor i suppose.

if the unholy aura is like a regular aura all the conditions for whether a unit is under the effect of the aura or not are almost useless.
the skeletal mage (as it follows the hero as you said) will most likely always be in range for the aura, same goes for the most targets of your spells because the casting range cannot be that big i guess.

to your question, ALL buffs of ALL skills overwrite each other.
you cannot have 2 abilities based on the same skill apply different buffs to the target.
the only exeptions to this are auras.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Why everyone started to make threads that ask for opinions after someone (trying not to be so direct) started it....

Anderzzon

Reaction score
to your question, ALL buffs of ALL skills overwrite each other.
you cannot have 2 abilities based on the same skill apply different buffs to the target.
the only exeptions to this are auras.

Figures, oww well that'll have to do. Thanks for the feedback and the expertise.

/Anderzzon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.