Degrees' Speed

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
Hi there...

I'm making a test here: Makes a unit go round from a certain point.
like this
wewo.png

The speed I make here is by degrees.
e.g Every 0.3 sec it move the unit 2degrees(the center dot) more. So the greater the degrees moving value, the faster it spins.

But... I want the speed to be wc3 movement speed not degrees.
I want it to move 1050 movespeed per sec... going round and round. How is that?

Sorry about my English. I hope you understand.

Edit: I think I still need this to use degrees for this??? But I'm going to convert the movement speed to degrees? Help.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Set var_ArcLength = (var_Distance x (Radians(var_Angle)))

var_ArcLength, var_Distance and var_Angle are real variables.

var_ArcLength is basically the distance you travel from point A to B, along the edge of the circle.
var_Distance is the distance from the center of the circle to the edge.
var_Angle is the number of degrees that your unit moves in every instance of the trigger.

If you want to reach 1050 movespeed per second, (var_Distance x Radians([1/ 0.3] x varAngle) should be equal to 1050.

I hope this isn't too much math.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
To try explaining it the opposite way, wc3 movespeed is equal to distance traveled in 1 second. So if you want to spin around a point at 1050 movespeed, and you are adjusting position every 0.3 seconds, you want to move 1050*0.3=31.5 distance each time. Then you can find the angular adjustment needed to equal 31.5 using Kaerf's formula: 31.5 = DistanceFromCenter * AngleAdjustmentInRadians.

In other words, you want to add ConvertRadiansToDegrees(31.5/DistanceFromCenter) to your angle every 0.3 seconds to move around a point at 1050 movespeed.

(There is a built in function to convert Radians to Degrees, but it's just multiplying by 180/pi).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.