'Delete Post' button

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I just realized that I can delete my posts in Headline News section, but not in other sections.

Why so?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Works as designed.

Certain places just have different permissions than others.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I see.
Then, what is in Headline News section that allows us to delete posts, that isn't in other sections?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Headline News is set to not allow anyone except for authorized users from creating new posts. It also has some other tweaks to make it more friendly for those posts to show up on the main site front page. However, there are possibly other differences because that forum was created a very long time ago when knowledge about VBulletin and its ways were largely unknown.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I see.
Then, what is in Headline News section that allows us to delete posts, that isn't in other sections?

Permissions. User Groups in vB (I believe) allow certain users different permissions.

If you have worked with Invision or some other forum system (even free forums) you'll probably know what I mean.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
still wish this "delete" was allowed for other parts of the fourm.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't allow it because people get the bright idea to go back and try to delete all there posts. One of the greatest values this site has is the archive of past posts of people getting help - some people don't want to look like a newb so they go back and delete all there posts leaving a bunch of threads out there that don't make any sense. So we don't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.