Detecting Player Order Movement?

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to see if a player is ordering a unit to move, but not detect a trigger ordering the unit? +rep to anyone who helps :thup:

D

DigitalSh0ck

I don't think this is even possiable....maybe with some kind of hack but not a trigger I don't think so.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Add the event Unit - A unit is issued an order targetting a point

And conditions which check to see if the issued order was "attack" (I think attack-move is "attack"), "smart", or "move".

Then, simply turn off the trigger before issuing the order with triggers, and turn it on after issuing the order. It takes a little while, but it works. I know of no other ways to do this.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the thing is, I'm using a self made system that moves a unit forward and I want to use the actual wc3 move-system to "shoot" bullets. Anyone have knowledge of this? I can use vjass too =/. For the system, it selects all units in a group and orders them to move or it makes them turn.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Maybe if you set the custom value in every trigger where you move your unit just before the move action to 1 and just after the move action back to 0.

Then in your movement detection trigger, just check if the unit's custom value is zero to see if it is a player ordered move.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.