RPG Devintre Rpg

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Devintre RPG -POSTPONED ON WORK, UNTIL BLIZZARD STOPS BEING FREGGIN GAY -.- -

Storyline:
Long ago, the world was build upon the foundations of space by three divine beings. Though, in the recent past ancient evils have pulled these beings from the heavens and chained them in magic. Without them looking over and guiding the earth, who knows what kind of scourge will take it. Its up to you to break the curse of these ancient titans of creation and save the world from its seemingly inevitable doom.

------------------------------------------
no save system as of yet
no advanced inventory as of yet

------------------------------------------
HEROS: (note that the order of the units in the screenshot and the order of the units here go together, respectively)

Orc grunt -> Orc Veteran -> Orc general -tank, moderate damage
☺SS= http://www.imgboot.com/image.php?u=atkthisifurgay&i=orctiers.jpg
axe smite -basicly the same as storm hammer except dealing 2x str in dmg
heart of war - a passive that gives a 5% chance to do aoe dmg of 100x level of ability (i like it, your hero gets rly big and red :D)
more pending.

Venomancer -> Venomancer adept -> Venomancer master - Possible tank, Possible damage, or support...there are alot of roads you can go with veno :eek:
☺SS= http://www.imgboot.com/image.php?u=atkthisifurgay&i=venotiers.jpg
Soul bind- allows a single "pet" unit which will grow as the unit is immersed in battle. (later versions i will enable an "egg" system where eggs can be given to other players, allowing specific pets to be all class enabled.)
um... i forgot the name- increases nearby friendly unit defense.
more pending.

Lore Archer -> Lore bowman -> Lore Ranger support, high damage, epic fail tank...however
☺SS= http://www.imgboot.com/image.php?u=atkthisifurgay&i=archertiers.jpg
no spells yet >.< ... i think ill referance a couple from D2 :eek:

Necromancer -> Necromancer adept -> Necromancer master last resort tank (summons),damage, support,ect.
☺SS= http://www.imgboot.com/image.php?u=atkthisifurgay&i=necrotiers.jpg
Summoning of the damned - pretty much a normal summon (from corpse) , except the units are just tanks. they dont last long and the cd is moderate, but they are extraordinary tanks...with low attack.....
Demonic manifestation - like...an anti-roar.... it lowers nearby enemy attack damage. (they have demonic parasitical beings in dem :3)
maor pend1ng.

Skeletal soldier
-> Skeletal veteran -> skeletal General Definatly damage, but possible tank at higher levels.
☺SS = http://www.imgboot.com/image.php?u=atkthisifurgay&i=skeletiers.jpg
no name yet- again...the same as storm hammer, but dealing 2x agility
definitely more pending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIFICS
Ive made this both a "tiered" rpg, and one where you can switch "elements". Instead of resetting level when you tier into an advanced hero, you keep your level and stats. Max level of 350 for now.

now ill explain each of these a little more deeply.

Tiers:
Like alot of recent (and old) rpgs, when your hero reaches a certain level, they undergo changes. These changes make them (typically) more powerful, faster, stronger, better spells, and just all around better. This is no different with these tiers,however, you do not reset level when you tier in this. Though eventually i will add tier "trees" where you can go a multitude of ways when tiering.

Elements:
Not only becoming more powerful by "tiering" but you can also acheive higher leveled badassness by gaining a base element (via rare item drop). These elementals change some of your stat gains, spells, and possible item drops and their ratios :] (haven't decided on that yet)
Eventually, i might get an engine running for fusing these items to make more powerful elements :]

Multi-mapped:
Even though the first map will be a 480x480 map, the whole thing will be multi-mapped. The next (if all goes well) will be an icy mountain range. Hopefully i can integrate the two and make all items/heros/ect load and save from each one. I think if would be nice to bring this concept to new rpgs :]

updates:
-Removed Backpack system, and will be replaced with an advanced inventory system... the backpack will more than likely just be the regular inventory of the hero.
-added second and third tiers for heros (though many of the models are not in yet)
-changed spells to a spellbook that levels as the hero does.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
I must admit i dont like the backpack system. No one wants a unit that follows them around as a backpack, use a multiboard, or just some other way. Also what is going to make this stand out from other rpg's out there? I'm not trying to be rude, but it sounds blad right now, you need to add things to make it fun and different than the others. I wish you luck.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Looks cool!

I like the look and feel of the game from the screenshots. (icons, units and terrain fit with each other)

I must admit i dont like the backpack system. No one wants a unit that follows them around as a backpack, use a multiboard, or just some other way. Also what is going to make this stand out from other rpg's out there? I'm not trying to be rude, but it sounds blad right now, you need to add things to make it fun and different than the others. I wish you luck.
I've never used a multiboard system that wasn't a complete hassle. Of course, I haven't use that many, but I still say following backpack > multiboard.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Why would you want to have to select both your hero and backpack and move them around, an invisable backpack would be much better. Also you could abuse the backpack by making it move down to the shop buy potions and move it back and give them to your hero. Not very realistic, and what backpack have you seen that follows you around?

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
FireWolf> I've seen a few though probably the most popular is Black Road RPG which has a backpack. Also Guild of Hyppos has mini-pets which are essentially a backpack which follow you around.

Gamat

Reaction score
BackPack mule xD

I like the map, it looks good, but i think it will be better if you add a box stash at a city or a camp instead of a movable backpack

RodyisGod

Reaction score
Off-Topic;
I find the black road very fun, but i really think black road 2 sucks.:thdown:
My opinion,i don't know what i have against it, but i like less famous orpg's way more, defiance, cursed heroes etc.

On-Topic:

I will be glad to test this map for you, if needed.
Very original with the murloc war, and skeleton as base.

Off-Topic 2:

I will make my RPG-Thread to soon, and to fire-wolf:
Epic and Original it is. ;S

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
phew....where to start O_O oh..i got it :D thread updated...a lil.... :)

lulz there was a big thing there...so i spoiler-ed it :]
and btw, a kupo ;]
well...
No one wants a unit that follows them around as a backpack, use a multiboard, or just some other way.
well i was thinking about that, and i almost want to make a stash/thing system that allows you to transfer then instantly between hero and stash [ very much alike to the new Angel Arena's stash system ] but then i look at my revenant backpack...and he just looks rly cool with his lil trail of weird green fog stuff :p so ill stick with the backpack that follows you around. :3

it sounds blad right now, you need to add things to make it fun and different than the others
xD i know...lol i even bore myself sometimes with repetitive testing over the same stuff...over..and over..and over.... x] but in the end i have faith that i can make it enjoyable :]

Looks cool!

I like the look and feel of the game from the screenshots. (icons, units and terrain fit with each other)

rly? :D thx ...but i didn't think the screen shots did very much for what ive rly actually done >.> they kind of narrow it down to just a little spot :( which is the very opposite when your looking at your map through the editor..from all those weird angles :p

backpack > multiboard
ohm3hgawd i feel the same way.... not that the multiboard doesnt look epic ;] but..its just so much of a b*tch to work out in the editor o_O...for me that is.... :3

Also you could abuse the backpack by making it move down to the shop buy potions and move it back and give them to your hero

not with a trigger that poofs the unit back after it gets so far, and another making the unit target the hero every half a second :]

BackPack mule xD
dude no jk thats goin in there ;D

I will be glad to test this map for you, if needed.
Very original with the murloc war, and skeleton as base.

well thx :p and when i get the majority of it done and im testing for lil bugs then ill be sure to letcha in on it...but...its a 480x480 and all i have is the top right corner done o_O..... so......

offtopic...yet...so ontopic

I find the black road very fun, but i really think black road 2 sucks.
you know...i dont think it sux..because being someone who makes alot of maps (and doesn't finish any) i know the work that was put into a project that massive >.> ...but yes..i was slightly disappointed with the outcome compared to its epic original :D

damn....im not proofreading all that >.>

RodyisGod

Reaction score
haha, yes me 2.
I never finish something.

But im 99 % sure that i finish Infernals Dawn ORPG.
=S Thread soon ;p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.