Diablo 2 Problems

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
My Diablo 2 Play CD is old. It does not work well at all in the beginning of Act 3 and it has totally stopped me from being able to play Diablo 2. I can always go buy another copy but Diablo 2 is from Y2K and I know there are clones out there that do it a little more up to date on the graphics end.

Problem is I cannot remember those games. Anyone have any suggestions for any Diablo 2 type clones that gems I am missing. I don't have a problem with getting another D2 but I would like to explore an alternative since I am forced into buying another disc.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
No game will ever be like D2. But some games are close, try Dungeon Siege, or Sacred.
But I'd stick with D2 :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Dungeon Siege is no D2 replacement. It is a good game but D2 is better even when D2 is lagging out on open TCP/IP games where I am the only player. The lag and technical problems with D2 have been the biggest downers of my latest D2 experience. I know the CD is the problem though.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Diablo is a fairly unique game.

I would try Hellgate. It does have single player. The controls are a little more mmo, but if you use a gun its like a fps. Now, even the items are like diablo style.

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/

There is also Icewind Dale which is a fairly fun game, yet not too close to diablo.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i've always considered dungeon siege a cross between diablo and baldur's gate myself

Baldur's Gate is a fun game btw, not like Diablo 2 but its an old gem worth playing.

N

nightelf

the other guys are write just do the same thing or you got sratches.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I hope you guys are happy, you got me into Diablo 2 again!

In that time I've made one mean wolfie!

NOTE: Check out my life situation, and keep in mind with my other items I have over 20% life steal (excluding my move).

wolf1st9.jpg

wolf2eg4.jpg

wolf3jt9.jpg

wolf4xf3.jpg

I still need better boots and gloves, but I'll get them when I need them.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i heard NOX is pretty neat, I think its open for public dl too

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i heard NOX is pretty neat, I think its open for public dl too

yea, i downloaded it somewhere, i had the CD at one point, Nox came out around the same time as Diablo 2, it didn't make it as big as D2 did but it's still pretty sweet.

features 3 classes:

Warriors, Mage, and Ranger. each with their own storyline. definantly worth getting

Rad

Reaction score
Me and my friend were bored yesterday and he was like "Dude we should go play diablo 2"

and i was like OK, and we logged in and walked around act 1 and were like "dude this games so old"

Then we went and played Synergy. Lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.