Disarm

Polar

Reaction score
How to remove the damage bar from a unit, like Deafening Blast from Invoker? Please use GUI if possible 'cause I have little skill in Jass.

nLike

Reaction score
I would suggest using buff check or ability check rather then preventing attacks because as you may notice in dota its really annoying how it works. You literally get confused how to move.

Therefore I would suggest adding a buff or a dummy ability on the target. Check for it on attacking unit. If it's there. Order unit to stop attacking.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
That would be even more annoying, as a unit that auto-attacks will be stuck. If a unit loses its ability to attack, it usually runs away from hostile units instead of making futile attempts to fight back.

nLike

Reaction score
Well that running away seems like the heroes are in fear. I don't think in dota that effect is intended tbh and it's quite imbalanced if you ask me. But this is not dota related thread. Anyway it's just my suggestion so op can have that in mind too.

Polar

Reaction score
Night Elf Ancients' root ability can remove damage bar, however there is a problem in reverting the effect.
Stone Giant's eat tree also works but it must target a tree and cannot be reverted.
Tech Upgrades can also be used but the tech cannot be un-researched.
I'm wondering how they made it in DotA, I think they used Jass. Cargo ability removes attack button but it does not remove the damage bar.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Like Ayanami said. Drunken Haze or Silence will work, as will Cloud. Check the Melee and Ranged fields, and units with those attack types (basically all units) will be unable to attack for the duration. I use that method a lot.

MP®

Reaction score
I heard one time that the Orc burrow cargo hold ability disables the attack of a unit. So you can give the unit that ability and remove it when you want it to be able to attack again.

deathforge

Reaction score
just as polar said try using silence, or try to make peasants model into a spell which will take the attack button a way, or make the enemies weapons disappear and cause them to use their fists

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
polymorph should also work, it disables attacks, i havent looked through it but you may be able to stop it from transforming them as well

AriesX_420

Reaction score
I suggest using Command Aura and using "Shift" you set command aura to -1.00.

Change the Name, change the Buff, and set targets allowed to your enemies.

Kinda an aura approach, and I never tested it, just a hunch, but maybe they wont run.

chukky-jr

Reaction score
I heard one time that the Orc burrow cargo hold ability disables the attack of a unit. So you can give the unit that ability and remove it when you want it to be able to attack again.
it does but it doesn't remove unit's Damage Bar like OP wanted

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I suggest using Command Aura and using "Shift" you set command aura to -1.00.
That won't work because any flat damage bonuses they have won't be affected by the aura. Also any attack modifiers such as chilling attacks will still work.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Night Elf Ancients' root ability can remove damage bar, however there is a problem in reverting the effect.
Stone Giant's eat tree also works but it must target a tree and cannot be reverted.
Tech Upgrades can also be used but the tech cannot be un-researched.
I'm wondering how they made it in DotA, I think they used Jass. Cargo ability removes attack button but it does not remove the damage bar.

DotA uses Silence I believe. Maybe Drunken Haze.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Another FYI for targeting effects.

Drunken Haze = Single Unit Target
Silence = Area Target
Cloud = Area Target, Channeling

Polar

Reaction score
Well guys, thank you all for your answers. I really get it now. I never thought that silence can be used to remove damage bar.:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.