Displaying a Buff

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I have an ability that I finally got working - when cast, it adds armor. I put the armor bonus in a hidden ability and gave it a buff. The armor bonus works fine, but the buff won't display - with the ability set to its original "Item" classification or not. Is there any way to add the buff trough triggers, or fix this problem?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I don't think you can show buffs for spells based off item abilities. Squishy might say give your hero a disabled spellbook with a passive ability that does nothing but give you a buff. He likes disabled spellbooks like that....

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Tornado (Slow Aura) with 0% slow, 1 range and Targets - Self. Then just modify the buff to your needs. The ability itself has no icon which makes it ideal for buff application

Squishy might say give your hero a disabled spellbook with a passive ability that does nothing but give you a buff. He likes disabled spellbooks like that....

What's wrong with a disabled spellbook? It works, doesn't it?

HailCommi

Reaction score
Ya Inner Fire works better than tornado dummy auras cuz they respond to purge as well.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Sorry that I forgot to mention this, but it needs to target a corpse. What good would a corpse do with armor? :p

I don't have a Tornado (Slow Aura). I have Spin and Wander, but that's it. :confused:

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could use your original ability that targets a corpse and adds the armor, and then add a disabled spellbook with a passive ability that gives you a buff.

>>Squishy might say give your hero a disabled spellbook with a passive ability that does nothing but give you a buff. He likes disabled spellbooks like that....

XD

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
If there's a tutorial on making spellbooks and disabling them (I couldn't find one), please link it for me... I haven't a clue. :p

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Thanks. I got it working, but I can't seem to get the green box and tooltip from the spellbook go away (I did disable it at map initialization). What exactly is going wrong?

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Are you sure your disabling the spellbook for the right player? Are you sure your disabling the right spellbook? Are you sure your disabling and not disabling?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.