Does stuff leak when using "attach on unit" e.g floating texts?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
For example creating a floating text on a unit or playing a sound attached to a unit. It doesn't use points so i would guess it does not leak, but i don't know. Does it? Maybe something else than a point?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You should read up again what a memory leak is.

Of course, if you create the floating text, and you do not have access to it anymore, and it is never deleted by itself, then this is a memory leak.
Is that bad? Not necessarily. Maybe you WANT that floating text to exist for all eternity, always floating above the head of the unit. If that is the case then you still have a memory leak, but you dont care.
Same is true for everything else.

Reactions: O.A

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I should have been more precise; I only mean in scenarios where you remove the text (or whatever variable) afterwards. If you create the text on a point, the point is a leak if not removed. What i was wondering was whether replacing the point with "on a unit" leaks something else now than a point, when the game creates the text there?
Like i said i think i know it doesn't, but i want to be sure before making hundreds of damage indicators to a ton of custom spells.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no point created when you attach the floating text to a unit. It will use the units position instead. So to answer your question: nope.

Reactions: O.A
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.