dota allstars 6.13

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ok, i tried loading dota just now...and i got to 110k regions loaded in about 13 minutes.....i have a P4 processer w/ HT at 3.0Ghz and 512 RAM if anyone is wondering....

Kitt

Reaction score
Uhm, 512 ram, pentium 4, about 60 gigs of hard disk space. I'm not sure of much else aside from that, if there's a specific spec you want i'll go find it, but i'm to lazy to put together everything XP

Also, anyone interested, you can AIM me at NekoAssassin, or MSN me at [email protected]. I also have Google messanger if anyone wants to add me there.

Keep in mind, the project is rather slow moving, school starts soon. But I intend to stick with it and slowly add on till it's done. The general idea is similar to DotA, where you have a hero and the computer does army fighting for you. However, DotA was limited to one team versus another team. I'm using all four races. I'm also introducing some elements to ensure no game is the same. Things like random placing of special items, or perhaps stores, and other stuff like that. So even if you play two games, with the same heros, and the same strategy, you still need to adapt a bit, because the item or creep you may have found last game, might be closer to your enemy this game.

Thats just the gist of it all, i have a lot of secret things planned too, aswell as new gameplay elements (something more than just hotkeying and moving around).

Sargon

Reaction score
Jus so you know, the terminology for games that operate like DotA is "AoS." It stands for Aeon of Strife. Anyway, I suggest you call your map an Aos, not a Dota-like map, so that people don't say OMG U NUB U COPEID DOTA!!!1!!1

Yeah.

Kitt

Reaction score
Jogged that in my memory. Though, i msut say i really don't care if people say that XP Personally, i'm making the map more for me and my friends, so it doesn't matter to me. But, being labeled a copier is never fun. AoS i shall use from hence on^^

D

Decapatater

Kitt said:
I mean, i'm willing to give up my desktop for this, lol. Since it has to load, it takes up a huge amount of resorces, as well as remain opened, and it's unminimizable. so i ahve to do everything through the start menu and/or windows+E.
just use ALT+TAB or right click your bar at the bottom of your computer screen and click show desktop or windows + D.

H

Heptameron

Even if you got through the million regions, I'm sure you'd still have to load two million units and three million triggers.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
You do realize that they get 3/4 of the spells and stuff from www.wc3sear.ch

And it wouldn't be hard to code a hero like invoker.

edit - also it loads faster because of the tools used DOWNLOADED from www.wc3sear.ch
lol ya remeber the ver like 5.0 they took a good 3 mins 4 every1 2 load... you think thats fast?

-edit-
8 years later. You have'nt gone on Wc3 for who knows how long...IT FINALLY IS DONE... a few seconds later its done loading. You open it up and make your own "dota 6.13b". You go on B.net to find that the last "news" message was september 16th 2006.... You go to the custom game list and find that dota 16.2d was just released...lol

T

Toronto

kk dont waste your time after all the yeears of time its going to say a trigger error and nothing will work i read it on a forum some where

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Agreed with 56k, the "dota team" have the triggering skills of a grapefruit

Some call it "A hero arena with creeps that moves from point A to B".

That's what I call it, and that's a Sud original statement(tm)

T

Toronto

heres an idea why dont we just ask the creator??? his name is like ice frog or something

by the way im 1 of those ppl that say OMG U NUB U COPEID DOTA!!!1!!1

Sud

Reaction score
or just ask here? we have a ton of people in here who are capable of triggering 10x better than what you'd see in dota

M

maerlyn

Sud said:
or just ask here? we have a ton of people in here who are capable of triggering 10x better than what you'd see in dota

I get that general feeling. But if that's so, how come dota's so popular and nobody here has anything to show?

Sargon

Reaction score
Because Allstars is a ripped-off version of the RoC DotA, which was already extremely popular. So it sorta already had a fanbase.

Also, being able to trigger well doesn't translate into being able to captivate the idiotic masses of battle.net. And they're generally idiotic.

M

maerlyn

Sargon said:
Also, being able to trigger well doesn't translate into being able to captivate the idiotic masses of battle.net. And they're generally idiotic.

I agree there. And I have seen some amazing stuff by people on this forum.

Sargon

Reaction score
Of all those, I'd say that CoD or AWA have the best chances, especially CoD, because Sud actually hosts his map, unlike Conan (I have no idea why, either). Problem is, it won't attract a good chunk of the people in battle.net, because it requires you to actually think. The people who host maps like Angel Arena and other pieces of crap won't be able to handle the strategic thought required. However, if you have half a brain, it's a brilliant map.

Sud

Reaction score
The idiotic masses of battle.net operate under one simple rule - "if I own with it, it's balanced, if it owns me, it's imba"

Dota caters to the newbie mindset by offering a ton of blatantly overpowered heroes (you have to be a Terri Schaivo brand of brain dead to suck with a hero like Leoric, Lion, Rhasta, Lich, Sven, Banshee, Tinker, etc.) mixed up with some not so great ones, and then throw into the mix items that are so horrendously powerful that past the 10 minute mark the game becomes about items and not heroes or teamwork or tactics. Towers are nothing more than speedbumps, there is no downside to running from a fight (other than a little less farming time, but otherwise who cares if the tower falls, we have another inner one and a horribly hard to seige high ground one in the main base). All the heroes feel the same, and there is very little need to think, because all of the abilities are dead simple and autoaim, thus you don't need to be intelligent, skilled, or particularly on the ball to win a game of dota (the other team simply has to be less intelligent than you), and that is a winning recipe for appealing to the masses.

There was a point in time when killing a tower gave that lane a SMALL little bit of damage and hp to the creeps. Boy did the dota newbies cry for a week on that until it got removed. Anything that translates into a tactical advantage (such as attacking towers when heroes are busy doing other things) is called "backdooring" and TDA makes every effort to label those people as bad players for not "charging up a lane with your team until the AoErs spam you back enough that you have to go heal". Of course any hero that can push, like furion, is banworthy (no teleporting to towers allowed) or gets nerfed into uselessness (magnataur shockwave, lucy rain of fire, etc.)

Simply put, Dota is a fisher price mode game that people seem unable to grow out of, and TDA is starting to finally recognize it. Posting anything related to balance on their forum is illegal (ban if you do), and they removed the balance forum (probably because they've finally come to the realization that indeed they don't have a clue what they're doing).

Sud

Reaction score
My hopes with CoD is to attract the attention of some of the clans that play AoS maps, and then let reverse osmosis trickle down from that and start influencing individuals.

Of course how I am going to do that, I don't have a clue. One thing that Conan has going is that people are willing to play and offer up their thoughts in his forums, whereas I'm completely in the dark, my forums being a virtual ghost town.

M

maerlyn

I wrote a post defending dota and then I realized: you're right.

So yeah, dota's pretty crappy. But there's nothing better to play. If I saw CoD, I'd play it. Never seen it hosted though. Why not make a clan? Organize some matches? I'd play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.