Dummy Unit not casting ability properly + Flying height issue

Zealot

Reaction score
These 2 triggers don't work.
This one doesn't work at all unless I change the division to any other mathematical operator. It works like this:
-Fishing_Caster_Point is the position of the unit casting the ability
-Fishing_Target_Point is the point at which the ability is cast
-Fishing_Net_Point is the current position of the missile dummy unit
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) flying height to ((Default flying height of (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash)) - (((Distance between Fishing_Caster_Point and Fishing_Net_Point) / (Distance between Fishing_Target_Point and Fishing_Caster_Point)) x 100.00)) at 0.00

This one I have on idea what is wrong, it will randomly cast it on something instead of casting it on all units in range, cast point and backswing point are 0, cooldown on the ability is 0, mana cost is 0, cast time 0, I have no idea what is going on here.
Trigger:
  • Set Fish_Net_Group = (Units within 200.00 of Fishing_Target_Point)
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at Fishing_Target_Point facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Fish_Net_Group and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
    • Unit - Remove (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) from the game

Trigger:
  • Fishing Net Travel
    • Events
      • Time - Fish_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Fishing_Net_Point = (Position of (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash))
          • Set Fishing_Target_Point = (Load (Integer A) of 4 in Fishing_Hash)
          • Set Fishing_Caster_Point = (Load (Integer A) of 2 in Fishing_Hash)
          • Animation - Change (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) flying height to ((Default flying height of (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash)) - (((Distance between Fishing_Caster_Point and Fishing_Net_Point) / (Distance between Fishing_Target_Point and Fishing_Caster_Point)) x 100.00)) at 0.00
          • Unit - Move (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) instantly to (Fishing_Net_Point offset by 6.00 towards (Angle from Fishing_Net_Point to Fishing_Target_Point) degrees)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Remaining time for Fish_Timer) Equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Countdown Timer - Start Fish_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.01 seconds
            • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Distance between Fishing_Net_Point and Fishing_Target_Point) Less than or equal to 3.01
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Fish_Net_Group = (Units within 200.00 of Fishing_Target_Point)
              • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at Fishing_Target_Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Fish_Net_Group and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Remove (Load (Integer A) of 1 in Fishing_Hash) from the game
            • Else - Actions

One more thing, the original dummy ability, cast by the unit, is based on dispel magic, could that be the problem, the casting point being an area instead of just a point like in carrion swarm? The dispel ability itself does absolutely nothing, targets allowed is set to None.
Any help would be appreciated.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> This one I have on idea what is wrong...
Regardless of the back/point swing being zero, it's better to create one dummy per target unit. It doesn't work because the dummy unit has turn rate. You can't have instant turn rate.

Zealot

Reaction score
> This one I have on idea what is wrong...
Regardless of the back/point swing being zero, it's better to create one dummy per target unit. It doesn't work because the dummy unit has turn rate. You can't have instant turn rate.

Thought as much.
I still can't fix my first issue though, I just can't wrap my head around what's wrong with it.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The fishing question in the top. I'm no shark at hash tables but what is supposed to happen?

Zealot

Reaction score
The fishing question in the top. I'm no shark at hash tables but what is supposed to happen?
When the dummy unit representing the missile for the spell reaches the desired area, then a new dummy unit is spawned accounting for each unit in the area, then it's supposed to cast esnare on them.

Solu9

Reaction score
When the dummy unit representing the missile for the spell reaches the desired area, then a new dummy unit is spawned accounting for each unit in the area, then it's supposed to cast esnare on them.

Great. That is what is supposed to happen. What is the problem, what doesn't work?

What I get from the trigger is that some unit's flying height is changed to:
default flying height of that unit - ((Distance between point A and point B) / (Distance between point C and point A) x 100)

So this action simply change the unit's flying height based on the distance between some points?

Zealot

Reaction score
Great. That is what is supposed to happen. What is the problem, what doesn't work?

What I get from the trigger is that some unit's flying height is changed to:
default flying height of that unit - ((Distance between point A and point B) / (Distance between point C and point A) x 100)

So this action simply change the unit's flying height based on the distance between some points?

It's supposed to lower the unit's flying height progressively as the unit closes the distance between the starting and end points, but it does not work at all for some reason.

Solu9

Reaction score
So to be completely sure.
The problem is that the unit's height does not change right?

If that's the problem, have you tried using the Storm Crow trick?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.