Efficiency with regards to a bunch of things

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I've heard that globals are faster, but it is negligible. In my opinion, use locals when it can warrant it, and use globals when you need it. I've heard globals can become a bit slower with the more that exist, so it may be best to keep unneeded globals away.

Overall, it isn't something that should grow your concern. Locals can be slower at times since you need to null most of them, but I still recommend using them when possible. (or, rather when it has pretty much the same efficiency)

Reaction score
yeah im only asking because im wanted to make text macros for functions so they could be easily inlined, however its annoying to do when keeping locals so I wanted to use globals lol. plus most of the things im manipulating are reals and integers

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
I imagine one of those textmacros is a GetTerrainZ? I've tried it, it's not worth it.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I've heard that globals are faster, but it is negligible. In my opinion, use locals when it can warrant it, and use globals when you need it. I've heard globals can become a bit slower with the more that exist, so it may be best to keep unneeded globals away.

Overall, it isn't something that should grow your concern. Locals can be slower at times since you need to null most of them, but I still recommend using them when possible. (or, rather when it has pretty much the same efficiency)

i have actually heard that locals are faster - in every instance (discounting additional overhead, just read/write), and that with increasing numbers of globals, they become even slower

but at this point you are really just in the weeds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.