Entering or Triggering,Dying or Triggering

kaftis10

Reaction score
Entering or Triggering,Dying or Triggering

Kinda stupid question but my triggers seems to work with both responses..

whats the right thing to do..

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Triggering is always better.
In most cases, it doesnt make a huge difference exept maybe for a very slight performance improvement.

But once you have a wait in your triggers "triggering unit" will be the only response which still works since the others will be gone.

Another benefit of using trigger over a specific response is that you can easily copy and paste your code lines without the need to change the response since triggering works always.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Triggering is always better.
In most cases, it doesnt make a huge difference exept maybe for a very slight performance improvement.

But once you have a wait in your triggers "triggering unit" will be the only response which still works since the others will be gone.

Another benefit of using trigger over a specific response is that you can easily copy and paste your code lines without the need to change the response since triggering works always.

triggering unit is still better yes but the wait thing doesn't happen in the newer version apparently cuz i use it all the time with other event response and they still work

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> other event response
If this is true, then it's a nice find. Can anyone confirm this?
'Casting unit' is known to be unstable for some time now.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I will have to agree with Kayoss666 on this one. I have been using "Entering Unit" quite a lot and it seems to work fine with waits. But waits are still weak.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It really seems to be working now. Just tested it. Interesting, i didnt know that got patched.

I am curious for how long it is like this now since i can promise this hasnt been around 2 years ago when i stopped working with the editor.

As it seems those responses survive the wait now just like triggering unit does.

But still it is easier to copy and paste actions if you use "triggering unit" everywhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.