Ever felt like this?

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Just to introduce some facts and help people understand I started to make a game, it wouldn't be my first game cause I actually made a couple before, but simple things like tic tac toe and some math challenges.

Anyways, did you know that the best game ever is KYE? It is the best game ever with thousands of replayability due to the way the objects interact and the fact that it has a level editor.

I decided that I will remake that game and add a couple or 40 new objects and stuff to it, and I will also have an editor with something like triggers this time.

It is obviously not simple, but I just went to google to research for pathing AI, I once made a pathing AI for a wc3 trigger contest and it was from scratch although this time I think I need something better.

I ended at this page: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=18#101

Anyways thousands of AI stuff!, I felt like a kid on a candy store for the first time.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
The nice thing about good AI is that it generally plays at a higher skill level than the average battle.net player as well

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Vexorian said:
Anyways, did you know that the best game ever is KYE? It is the best game ever with thousands of replayability due to the way the objects interact and the fact that it has a level editor.

You can put it on a calculator! bonus points!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
yes file planet is now a subscription only site. A few years back it had a free service, but you got put in a queue and had to wait 10-20 mins. before you could download your file.

I decided that I will remake that game and add a couple or 40 new objects and stuff to it

a couple or 40? cool! :)

It's nice to see software projects with sponsorship links to charities, we need more of that (as long as the charity is credible of course).

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Man I could go on about Fileplanet

Back in the day I was a semi-established developer of a gaming utility that was pretty widespread. I was with Planetquake, which was a part of Gamespy industries. This was back when Lowtax and Fargo and the lot were running amok with the now called Gamespy, (the official name change from Quakespy).

Unfortunately, Gamespy soon started to forget why they existed, and became blinded by green. As the dollar started dictating their actions, they started enacting ridiculous policies about use of their site. At first, it was reasonable - simply add an ad tag onto your site, and things should be all happy and fun in gamerland.

It got worse.

They came up with this horrendous monster called Fileplanet. Sure it looked harmless. Or was it? Gamespy intranet emails started flooding into our inboxes. "Do not host files on your site, send them to us for hosting on Fileplanet". The problem with this? The Fileplanet admin was SLOW as hell to post anything (you'd be looking at 2-3 day turnaround time just to post a file), and it made releasing small updates all but impossible. To enforce this policy, .EXE and .ZIP files started "mysteriously" disappearing off affliated sites. Then it even got worse. FilePlanet, in a move of monumental stupidity, started enacting mandatory signups, and providing "premium servers" and "haha you're a stupid fucking noob" servers. If you didn't buy access to the premium server, that 10kb update file you want to download will now only come to you after you wait for 200 noobs ahead of you to download the latest Quake 2 patch.

Thus my fairly prolific app downloads grinded to an absolute halt. Nobody wants to 1. sign up for a download, something you should be able to do off the internet with NO HASSLE whatsoever, and 2. nobody takes kindly to a 200 person wait queue.

It's too bad because before they became cash crazed over at GameSpy they were a great bunch of people, very helpful with project promotion and when I asked for authorization to use their images and logos in the software they gave it without problem. Just once corporate takes over, you're never the same.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I think it is possible to download from file planet without paying.

Mostly because I did that yesterday.

The thing is that the link to it is hidden so it is difficult to find it and you end with those ones that require payment

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Woah KYE! I remeber when I played that. Back in the day, I got soem floppy with like 100 games on it. My two favorites were KYE, and Skii Free.

Sargon

Reaction score
Ski Free is a wonderful game. My cousin knows a crazy way to not get eaten by the yeti. It's difficult to pull off, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.