Exporting Terrain / Importing Triggers+Units/Abilities etc

MP®

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's possible to export a terrain and import it in another map? I think it's impossible..

So is it then possible to export all triggers + units/items/abilities etc. to another map (with the other terrain)?

I know you can export/import those stuff, but does it work when you do it seperately, I mean, some triggers refer to certain units/abilites etc, so when you do it seperately, I'm not sure if everything will work OK.. Anyone knows more about this? Or anyone have a good idea how to do this?

Thanks!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). You can copy terrain by selecting it while the Terrain Palette is open and pressing Ctrl + C. Then switch windows to your other map and Ctrl + V the copied terrain.
2). Under the File tab in the Object Editor, there're options to Export and Import Object Editor Data. Export from the old map into the new one.

As for the triggers, they should work so long as the IDs of the units/abilities are the same.

MP®

Reaction score
Hmm that first option does not copy the doodads/destructibles etc.. So that won't be an option for me..

But I hope then that the triggers still work after copying them. Maybe it won't be a problem indeed if I start with the object editor data, and the triggers afterwards :)

thnx

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
well, go to preferences -> and tick the box beside Automatically create unknown variables while pasting triggers

And all the triggers should work.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
You can mass-select doodads too - just click and drag while the Doodad Palette is open. Then repeat with Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V into the new map.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
You can't "mass" select, you can only select one... Mass selecting is for triggers.

And forgot about the select Copy and past into the new map.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
You can't select groups of doodads in triggers. What the OP needs is a way to copy terrain and doodads/destructibles from one map to another, and you can select both of those by click-dragging over the desired region while the relevant palette is open.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.