Fastest way of attaching an integer to a trigger/timer?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
How is hash any different than what kingking suggested, other than you make a collision check?
How is something unstable any different to something stable?

i wanted to know the fastest way and the most stable way of doing it without H2I
I'm pretty sure "Use H2I" doesn't answer that question.
This is spoilered because it is OFF TOPIC and doesn't warrant a response.

>no excuse as to not use a GetHandleId(...)
Your opinion is thus. My opinion is there is never ANY excuse to use ANY sort of handle to integer typecasting. So let's just keep opinions out of this and answer the question, huh?

The fact is it is inefficient, there is always a faster tool for the job. I hope you won't argue back without benchmarks, please. On top of that, your 1.23 release of a map with H2I CANNOT work on 1.24, end of story. If a mapper values having the 1.23 release carry over, such as myself, they have every right to have their map do that. Who knows how far off 1.24 is for battle.net.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I just hope that hashtables are really really fast so I can use them for everything.

Reaction score
> If some bonehead exceeds 8191 handles it'll simply start over.
Well, you know, sometimes such stuff don't happen intentionally. For example, a map with 6-7k placed doodads/destructibles kinda screws your handle count...

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
someone at w3c3 said that Hashtable is gamecache fast without the I2S call, I don't think that's final though since it was tested in 1.23b.

fastest way to attach
is to not attach, lol, use TSA() with loops. Ofcourse it won't be as accurate as timer waits, and would fuck your spell.

IIRC, gamecache was slow because of the I2S calls and the return bug abuse (H2I and I2H with no typesafety check). GC never caused problems for maps, timers, triggers, bad typecasts, etc. caused those.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I reckon hashtables will suck for the reason that Blizzard never seems to get things right first time.

>someone at w3c3 said that Hashtable is gamecache fast without the I2S call
So that wouldn't surprise me.

I just want to know if it's faster than my hash.

>is to not attach, lol, use TSA() with loops.
Good response, really. Only problem is yeah, accuracy. Kinda crosses this one off the list a little.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.