Other File Flies - A Warcraft-Related Resource Team (Name Needed!)

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I had this great idea that came to me while browsing the forum one day -
what if there was a team dedicated to creating Warcraft resources?

I pondered this thought for a while, and I think I came up with a great system (it seems refined as of now, but the rules aren't set and anything we do is still, in essence, arbitrary). If we divided up a group of people into separate teams, each dedicated to putting their efforts into something amazing, the ends we could achieve would be staggering. Here's my idea:
  1. Think of a general idea. This can be anything from a unit to custom terrain.
  2. Divide up each project into multiple sections. Have one person make a model, have one make a skin, have one or two make some custom abilities, and so on. Make each field up to interpretation - the style of dividing work is completely interchangable.
  3. Have each team release their new, refined idea as its respective type each month or so, depending on the number of workers in each field.

I'm not going to make definitive fields as of yet, but if we have somebody willing to join that's a bit experienced in HTML (or not, because a Googlepages account works fine), I'd like them to create a "team website" so we don't have to use this thread to communicate and keep track of positions and projects(and definitely stir up some anger on TH :eek:).

Anybody willing to join?

And if you do have a better name idea, please let me know!

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
If I had enough time I could be a terrainer, a unit/item/buff/custom ability maker or simply a game-interface editor which I'm good at, but atm I can't really join this team but soon I will.

But in my opinion, this team could fare well in the Wc3 modding world.

You need a website? how about a free messageboard website so that you can create your own forum for FREE, at ProBoards.com. I saw some great forums like Enfo's Team Survival Forums which were created from ProBoards.

Or create one website at Freewebs, it's the greatest web hosting service because it's all Free and no HTML exp. required to edit the pages plus you can create your own forum inside your site.

I have a couple of name ideas here:

• Wc3 Artist's Club
  • The War Mill
  • Warcraft III File Wizards
  • Razorblade Warcraft III Resource Team - RWRT
  • World Editor Creators
  • Wc3 Editors
  • The Mages of Azeroth

If your site and team eventually becomes big and successful enough, you can affiliate w/ my site, the Modding Hub.

and definitely stir up some anger on TH:eek:
I'm 100% sure that's gonna happen.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
I've been waiting for an oppurtunity like this for a while. I would be willing to work in a group project like this. I am decent at terraining, and better than average at triggers and variables. I also know basic HTML and I could learn more.

If you want to discuss this more thouroghly, I would prefer to use email. My email address is [email protected].

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I am totally fresh for joining this idea. I personally think i am good at ideas, storylines or something like that. I know how to trigger also (of course :p), and i can do good terrain. So name ideas could be:

Warcrafts United ResourceS Team - WURST (lol! :D)

World Editor Making Group - WEMG

Experienced Warcraft Manipulation - EWM

Masters of Resource and Editing - MORE

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Awesome! I'll look into the Freewebs idea. I think I like The Mages of Azeroth, The WC3 Artists' Club, and RWRT, but the name is still up for discussion. Glad to have some volunteers! If anyone else is willing to join, just let me know.

If a mod sees this, please remove "File Flies - " from the title.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that the name is going to be the Mages of Azeroth.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Freewebs site is already up and titled "Mages of Azeroth." I might go back and change it - it is a great idea! :thup:

I didn't get much work done, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to redo it.

EDIT: New ARC avatars! If you're officially "in", I'll make one for you. Just let me know and I'll put it up for download on this thread.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
yeah make an avatar for me - Lord Dakoth. Red and purple would be cool. (Red for the text, purple for the bubble-glow thing.)

btw, i will be away from my house for a week, and i will not have any access to a computer. Expecting to be online again monday 6/30, and maybe today. Meanwhile, e-mail me general guidelines for the website HTML. [email protected]

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Alright. I'll need a "username" so I can add you the staff list and make you an avater. Glad to see that we have some people willing to join!

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Question

So is this a group that others could come to asking for a model or a resource for a game, and you guys would considers making that resource ?

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
That's exactly what we do. I'm not saying that we're guaranteed to make it, as you stated, but it's likely that we'll take ideas and requests into consideration.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Mehh, just keep me as "Lord Dakoth." That's my name in all my forums/game profiles/just about anything else.

DiDdY

Reaction score
I'm simply lead to believe that you've seen my own thread, and launched your own copy idea.

Anyway, I'll PM you and speak to you about this project, I have things you need, and you have things I need I'm sure.

EDIT: I think I put that wrongly, I meant, you have seen my thread and decided to launch a new opportunity to the Public, sorry for that, mis-prounounced way.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I replied to your message. I've decided that, if the conditions I stated are met and maintained, I'd be more than happy to do the merge.

Sincerely,
ZT

DiDdY

Reaction score
I replied to your message. I've decided that, if the conditions I stated are met and maintained, I'd be mroe than happy to do the merge.

Sincerely,
ZT

I've replied, my thread outlines all issues and needs, I'm going for the night however, so just leave me a PM and I'll reply as soon as possible (most likely in around 8-10 hours).

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
The merge is complete! For all of you who signed up, visit Aurora Warcraft Manipulation's site. The URL is mapcrafting.com, solely because we decided on the name after we purchased the domain. :rolleyes:

Anyways, go ahead and register for an account. Send me (Cyberskeleton) a private message when you sign up and I'll be sure to add you to the staff list on the site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.